E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings! New to the forum, I'll go introduce myself in the proper board in a bit. First I would like to get clarification to my issue that has been driving me crazy for the last 4-5 hours (doing research, finding different answers/parts, pictures not clear, etc)...

Today I installed an OEM BMW (PN: 25117528881) short shift lever in my 2005 330Ci but I'm not sure if the bend is facing the right way. Please take a look at the pictures below and give me your opinion if possible. I would categorize the bend facing the front of the car. I don't hit anything when I shift, the lever stands straight, but I have read that the bend should be facing the back of the car... some say the front. The pictured were taken from the driver's side (front of the car is to the left). I drove it from the shop home and it felt ok... Not as good as the short shifter I have in my other vehicle.

Thanks for your feedback in advance!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Huge difference! Some people say it takes more effort to shift gears but I don't find this to be the case.

Notes from a newby:

the white bearing didn't come out by itself. Turn it and pull on the stick to see if it was released, I used a long nose plier to turn it. Make sure you do the same to make sure it's secured when you put the new one in.

I removed the clip from above and put it back in from below (car was on a lift). Put the gear in reverse to have better access to it.

If you have a 330 ZHP you will not have a lot of space from below to put the clip in. Make sure the car is cold or you could end up burning your hand of you take the below the car route.

The stock ZHP boot will make it a bit weird when shifting to 5th.

Patience is a virtue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.