E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Part of my plastic undercarriage cover is hanging off underneath my '05 330xi after scraping something. From what I can see, two plastic pins are missing from it but I could be wrong, they might be screws that I need. It's hanging off on the rear side of it. Which pins or screws or what do I need to buy to get it back in place? There are a few different types of the black rivet pins and I can't find out through Google or RealOEM which ones they are. This is the cover that is hanging off https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-bmw-parts/undercarriage-cover-center/51718265985/

It got bumped while driving and the end with the rectangular hole in it is hanging off unnatached. Just need to know what are all the screws/nuts/bolts/pins I need. I'll just buy every one so I have replacements of all of them and can re attach the side hanging off. Any help with links to what I need to buy would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The realoem page shows the needed hardware and their part numbers.
Thanks so much, I don't know why I couldn't find it when looking through the catalogs. Sorry I just have one more naive question, what kind of screw and washer is that for #22 and #23 on that diagram? Could you link to those? Is it just a normal phillips head screw?

·
Administrator
20,223 Posts
I found that page by simply copying the part number you posted, and pasting that into the part number field on realoem.com. It shows you all the cars that got that part.

I suggest you just google those hardware part numbers and select Images.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found that page by simply copying the part number you posted, and pasting that into the part number field on realoem.com. It shows you all the cars that got that part.

I suggest you just google those hardware part numbers and select Images.
Ok, I just asked because it only listed up to part #18 on the diagram and didn't say what 22 and 23 were. Thanks though.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Additionally, if there's moderate tearing, backing with ABS plastic and then fusing with JB Plastic Weld (suggest getting black) gives you a near permanent fix. GL

·
Administrator
20,223 Posts
Ok, I just asked because it only listed up to part #18 on the diagram and didn't say what 22 and 23 were. Thanks though.
Grayed out or missing parts typically imply they are not for your particular model.
I suggest you seaech on here as well as google for the needed part numbers. Likely been covered several times already.

·
Premium Member
4,491 Posts
Yeah, they're chunky half- turn things, not a usual threaded screw. #3 head, too-
it's surprisingly hard (without ordrering from Amazonk) to find a #3 stubby...

t

Reactions: E46mane

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
24,160 Posts
you sure you don’t take #5 screw instead?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts