BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2004 320i and when I get it on the road and running I want it to turn a couple heads. I don't want to put all my marbles into it though because it is only a simple 320i. Small performance upgrades? Exhaust suggestions? Im looking for a front bumper right now and don't want the very common M3 replica, and suggestions on that front would be awesome too!!:thumbsup:

Thanks A Lot!

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
you're new here.

were E46Fanatics which means we care about performance > Aesthetic mods. everyone will tell you to do cooling system, suspension, CCV, VCG mantience before mods!

for head turning..you can turn the wrong heads too. My exhaust is pretty loud and i get the wrong attention all the time. If you want a cheap Exhaust mod then do a muffler delete, shouldnt cost you over $100 to do it.

bumper...you can save that for later. since you just bought the car i hope you know the previous maintence. these e46 are 10+ years old car and the rubber bushings are likely to be rotted and shot

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the car actually has a blown trans at the moment so the maintenance is for sure the first thing to go into the car!

But besides that the mods are more so that I can figure out the budget id like to keep on the car as well as create a list that I can always strive for!

With the muffler delete, does it sound really obnoxious? because I don't want to be driving around sounding like a 4 year old kid yelling into a tin can. I love the very deep and low octave sounding exhaust note.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Yeah the car actually has a blown trans at the moment so the maintenance is for sure the first thing to go into the car!

But besides that the mods are more so that I can figure out the budget id like to keep on the car as well as create a list that I can always strive for!

With the muffler delete, does it sound really obnoxious? because I don't want to be driving around sounding like a 4 year old kid yelling into a tin can. I love the very deep and low octave sounding exhaust note.
check youtube, theres many muffler delete videos.

i had a muffler delete and 2nd resnator delete and it wasnt too loud at idle but it did have a nice growl when i floored it. its not too obnoxious loud but its noticable that the car is somehow modified.

if you really want a deep tone then go with a magnaflow muffler/exhaust set up. i had a Mangaflow 14815 muffler with stock headers and stock midpipe. it did have a deep growl but it was too quiet for my taste.

i then put Catless headers with the magnaflow and it was LOUD! you can hear me a block away hahaha. took out othe mangflow but it was too deep and wanted more a high raspy tone so i installed a rogue dms and love it! very obnosxious loud and raspy

for me bet, go to an exhaust shop and get a muffler delete then drvie it around. if you like it then pay. if not install a magnaflow. if its too quiet then delete the 2nd. therefore you dont have to keep coming back to the exhaust shop.

another good mod is Angel eyes ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well I guess for $100 you can't really go wrong with the delete! Ill give it a go once I get it running smoothly on the road. I just can't wait to be able to roll up to school in it. But it would be cool to have the nice exhaust to back it up hahaha!

About the megnaflow, ive been looking at them and they've been the nicest exhaust note ive found so far. Would you suggest new or used? I don't have any experience experimenting with cars since this is my first one, so I'm not sure the best way to go about buy new or used. The mechanical part comes from my dad so I dont need to worry about labour.

And the car came with some awesome angel eyes already on it which was nice!

·
Registered
621 Posts
First, I say get that transmission ordeal sorted out, Next "mods" should be a cooling system overhaul, and a suspension system refresh. Please see ECS Tuning for both, they sell major overhaul kits which are your best bang for the buck

Get the car mechanically "perfect" before you start worrying about turning heads.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts