E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Is NOT A Mechanic
5,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know - this topic is played. I read the archived posts, too...

Simple question - the fake ebay eyelids - how is the 3m tape they come with? Solid? Ghetto? Just junk?

For $20, hard to go wrong, but I don't want them flying off at 75 mph, either.

Thanks...

·
Registered
95 Posts
let us know how they work if you get them. ordered mine but procarparts said my credit card was denied, checked and i still have $40k left.. hope they don't cost that much... :dunno:

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
lol the tape they use is the heavy duty one i think. Doesn't really matter, they wont fly out cuz the hood holds the eyelids down anyway

·
Registered
86 Posts
What if you goto a Home Depot and some heavy duty 3m double sided take.. i don't think they cost too much... thats what i did for the lids on my Eclipse

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
Re: Re: Beating a dead horse with fake Eye Lids

tim330i said:

That is about all fake eye lids are good for :lmao:

Got a set a long long time ago that were suppose to be "real"....sent them back the same day as they were junk.

Get the real stuff at a great price from www.renn-sport.net or www.supremepowerparts.com

Tim
where did you order from? i got 2 pairs of fake eyelids and they both fit perfectly

Attachments

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
alken said:
I know - this topic is played. I read the archived posts, too...

Simple question - the fake ebay eyelids - how is the 3m tape they come with? Solid? Ghetto? Just junk?

For $20, hard to go wrong, but I don't want them flying off at 75 mph, either.

Thanks...
Well, I got the real Hamann ones and Hamann provides this weird glue in the package. I didn't bother with it. I went to Radio Shack and bought the hard plastic velro (like lego) and used that. Works mint! And what's really good about them is the fact that you can easily remove the lids in the even you need to replace your turn signal bulb and easily snap it right back on. Lemme know if you want pics.

·
Registered
179 Posts
on the ones i bought, the circular ones, they stayed on great even after i removed them and re-applied them using the same tape.
note: i drive over 110 pretty often and they held up great, a lot better than paying for the Hamann price!

·
Registered
543 Posts
HOW DO U PAIN TTHEM YOURSELF :DUNNO: ...TOWERPAINT.COM AND JUST SPRAY??? :D

·
1.888.JLEVISW
13,722 Posts
i got replicas, they fit just fine, except i used ****ty adhesive strips so they're like puffy, u can push them in and stuff (like they don't HUG the eyelids, but who the hell cares?)
What do you need REAL DEAL plastic for... it's one thing with wheels, u need real parts, but plastic is plastic as far as i'm concerned, especially in a part that gets no wear and tear (like a body kit would)

go for it, for 20 bucks u can't lose

I'd give u pics of my fake lids but i'm lazzzzy.... if it's that important to u email me

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
What do you need REAL DEAL plastic for... it's one thing with wheels, u need real parts, but plastic is plastic as far as i'm concerned, especially in a part that gets no wear and tear (like a body kit would)
:werd:
Hamman prices are ridiculous. A friggin BRAND NAME piece of plastic. THATS rich. There's one born every minute.

Bart

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.