BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a friendly reminder...
Even with all the safety features you could possibly want... the car can't prevent you from doing something stupid...only YOU
can.

A project manager here at work came in this morning at 6:30 to clear her desk. She was spending the rest of the day at a funeral for her brother.
He took his new M3 and went driving this weekend. First performance car....27 years old....going down a winding road.
She said he missed the guard rail and the Telephone pole.
He didn't miss the tree....:tsk:
All the airbags deployed properly, the seat belt kept him in his seat. It was the tree peeling back the roof and his head that killed him.
I don't mean to be graphic but if not for yourself....be safe for those you might leave behind.
She just had a baby 6 weeks ago and he'll never get to take his nephew to a ball game or play catch.
Because he did something stupid for a moment in time:banghead:
P.S. I highly recommend a driving school for those that have never attended one !
Sorry to rain on anyone's parade but just be smart out there !

Jon:thumbup:

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,782 Posts
sorry to hear :sad:

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
very sad :(

we always can use a dose of reality to keep everyone driving as intelligently as possible. everyone make mistakes sometimes but some common sense can keep it in check. and to use an overused phrase 'racing belongs on a race track' - best to let the other guy think he's all that and skip the contest then to let your ego rule and do something that can end in disaster

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone...
I didn't mean to bring anyone down. I didn't even know the guy.
It's like Val said...just a reminder...when you feel like acting like a 16 year old with their first car...stop, take a deep breath, remember you'r not Schumacher:D

Jon

·
I've got what plants crave.
1,435 Posts
terribly sorry to hear. :sad:

i use to suffer from Schumacher-itis when I was younger. A couple of rather close calls and some very sad stories like this one served as a very good cure.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Sorry to hear, my condolences to the family.

·
Legendary like a schoolboy
6,594 Posts
my heart goes out to da fam bams..:cry: 27 so young...thats a messed up way to go out in an m3.

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,316 Posts
:sad: It really puts things into perspective for me, considering this is my first sports/performance car and I have a 8 month old nephew...sh*t...let's be careful out there guys.

·
Dale Earnhardt's Double
532 Posts
That's too bad, I'm sorry to hear about it.

Thanks for posting the cautionary reminder though. It's good for everyone here (me included) to have an attention getter every once in awhile. It's too bad someone had to die.

·
Registered
955 Posts
That's so sad to hear. My condolences as well to the family. This is just what all of us needs every now and then, a reality check. With our heads so much into mods we sometimes forget to take it easy on the roads.:sad:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts