E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 M3
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a discussion on here the other day because I am looking for a hardtop for my car (I still am) and I got a good amount of private messages giving me offers. I just want to say: if a relatively new account (under a week old) is telling you to email their "friend" don't trust it. I have had my time wasted by this, and I just wanted to warn others of potential scams. Some useful tips, always be sure to reverse image search the photos and ALWAYS ask if they can send a photo with your username and the current date. If they refuse, they are most likely a scammer. Thanks for coming to my ted talk

·
Registered
155 Posts
I only paypall for this reason. Impossible to get your money back with other methods

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
I only paypall for this reason. Impossible to get your money back with other methods

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
Don't assume Paypal will have your back if you get ripped. They are famous for their "Nothing we can do. Cased closed." approach.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I posted a discussion on here the other day because I am looking for a hardtop for my car (I still am) and I got a good amount of private messages giving me offers. I just want to say: if a relatively new account (under a week old) is telling you to email their "friend" don't trust it. I have had my time wasted by this, and I just wanted to warn others of potential scams. Some useful tips, always be sure to reverse image search the photos and ALWAYS ask if they can send a photo with your username and the current date. If they refuse, they are most likely a scammer. Thanks for coming to my ted talk
To top this same happen with me lol ( email by buddy )

i am looking for BMW performance air intake .. i got so many of them i requested pictures BUT i asked when they are ready to take a picture write [something random i would tell them like ( blue red)] on a paper and take a picture with the item and that paper next to it with in 15-20 min , if takes longer i have to give an another phrase ,

usually after that most would ghost me .. but one had the audacity to photoshop a paper in the picture LOL he did send it 18 hours later and was so horrible my 14 year old can do better work , HAHAH i was like man the balls lol

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,841 Posts
yeah there use to be a strict policy on this forum that new accounts/low posts could not sell items here until they established themselves in this forum’s community. just for the reason of scammers.

·
Registered
2006 M3
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To top this same happen with me lol ( email by buddy )

i am looking for BMW performance air intake .. i got so many of them i requested pictures BUT i asked when they are ready to take a picture write [something random i would tell them like ( blue red)] on a paper and take a picture with the item and that paper next to it with in 15-20 min , if takes longer i have to give an another phrase ,

usually after that most would ghost me .. but one had the audacity to photoshop a paper in the picture LOL he did send it 18 hours later and was so horrible my 14 year old can do better work , HAHAH i was like man the balls lol
exact same thing happened to me. the man had the audacity to use the same photo i found on ebay and said that his “camera was broken”

·
Registered
43 Posts
exact same thing happened to me. the man had the audacity to use the same photo i found on ebay and said that his “camera was broken”
Hahahaha 2020. Camera broken. Lolol. That worked barely on 2001 2002

1 - 8 of 8 Posts