BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered OG User
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would they Rub?
18/19x8.5, ET ??(35 I think?), and a 235/40/18 or 235/35/19.

Tire would probably be toyo's.

Also, should I get the 18's or 19s? I'm looking for performance, but the 19s cost as much as the 18's.

Thanks

·
Registered
268 Posts
I've got 18x8.5 with 235/40/18 and I don't rub at all (I've got stock sport suspension). You shouldn't rub either on yours IF you have the stock suspension...however, if you do plan to lower it, it MAY rub.

I'm waiting on my UUC springs and I'm hoping I'm not gonna rub :confused:

The 19's will definetely look better, but I chose 18's because I wanted to get some wheels that weight as close to my stock 68's.

·
[email protected] mph 1/4...Not bad!
838 Posts
Like others have said they both should fit fine with the stock sports suspension. But if you plan to lower it than I think the aggressive offset would rub in the back on a sedan. I think even with a drop they won't rub on a coupe though.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm running 19's with 235/35/19 tires all around and had no rubbing w/sport suspension or now that I've lowered it with UUC springs. You should be fine.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Neither size will rub.
however, if you're looking for performance I'd suggest the 18's.
Why?
Because you have a much better offering of tires.
19" tire selection is incredibly limited compared to the 18's.

·
Registered OG User
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies guys. My car is Lowered, but I have the Eibach prokit which isn't too large of a drop.

So now that I have rubbing aside, I'm still pretty lost on if I should go for looks or performance. The 19's weigh quite a bit and with a tire i'd probably be looking at just a nick over 50lbs.

I've heard that wheel construction i.e. more weight on the rim than the center, is optimal because it helps the car move much faster. Is this true? Does the CH have a similar construction?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts