BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any opinions on or using the Bavarian Autosport coilovers for E46? I have been racking my brain lately hoping to address my suspension. I know I want a pretty decent drop, but everything I am reading is telling me that stock struts with aggressive springs are a no-no, which brings me to a kit i.e; H&R Sport Cup or H&R Touring Cup or Eibach pro-kit. However, what I am reading about those is as follows - most people who pick up the Touring Cup are disappointed because they are not low enough/aggressive looking enough. Most people who pick up the Sport Cup are bothered somewhat by the harsh ride, same goes for the eibach. I have done a bit of research and the Koni FSD/Eibach spring combo looks like a winner, due to the progressive dampening capabilities of those shock absorbers - but it's gosh darn expensive, so to justify that I am wondering why not just get a coilover suspension like the one BavAuto sells, where they *claim* that ride is not compromised, but aggressive stance and handling are accomplished.

Cliff's notes - I'm not naive, and I know I am always going to sacrifice comfort by decreasing ride-height and increasing handling, but I just want a happy medium - something in between a Touring Cup and a Sport Cup that gives me a drop I will be happy with, but the comfort I have become accustomed to since owning this car.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Edit: P.S. I am riding on 18 inch wheels 235/45/18 and a stock NON-sport suspension.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Ive got the H&R sport cup kit and i love it...ride hasnt changed much from stock sport suspension but it is noticably lower and handling has improved a lot...I would definitivly recommend the sport cup kit :thumbsup:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I pm'ed him, thanks a lot. We'll see what he has to say about them.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I like them. Installed them 2 yrs ago and have had no issues. Need to be careful pulling head long into curbed parking (lowered car hits them) and speed bumps (all over AZ, not so in NJ)

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts