BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, in my 330ci currently is installed exide 096 type battery which is died on me. From research I looks like this vehicle requires 010 type battery. Because car is driven rarely and I am considering to upgrade audio system I was looking into AGM batteries. Now as I understand e46 doesn't need to be calibrated specifically for AGM type?

So far my pick is Bosch S6 AGM 010 type, any thoughts on these batteries?

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Hi guys, in my 330ci currently is installed exide 096 type battery which is died on me. From research I looks like this vehicle requires 010 type battery. Because car is driven rarely and I am considering to upgrade audio system I was looking into AGM batteries. Now as I understand e46 doesn't need to be calibrated specifically for AGM type?

So far my pick is Bosch S6 AGM 010 type, any thoughts on these batteries?
You can put pretty much any automotive battery in any car, as long as it's powerful enough. As long as it fits the battery compartment, you're fine. Go with the battery that has the highest CCA rating and will fit in the compartment. Make sure it has a vent hose connection. Even the AGM batteries vent.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
H8 agm is the largest/best battery that fits in the battery compartment. It still needs to be vented like a regular battery. There is no calibration for battery type or battery regestration like the newer models have. The only modification to the car is removing the plastic spacer block that locates the smaller battery in the tray. I have one in my car.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Here to serve y’all
2004 330Ci 85k miles
11,657 Posts
H8 agm is the largest/best battery that fits in the battery compartment. It still needs to be vented like a regular battery. There is no calibration for battery type or battery regestration like the newer models have. The only modification to the car is removing the plastic spacer block that locates the smaller battery in the tray. I have one in my car.

+3 on the H8 battery. I put this in both my E46s and my E39; EverStart Maxx H8 from Walmart. It has a higher CCA and is cheaper.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/EverStart-MAXX-H8-Automotive-Battery/16782659

·
Here to serve y’all
2004 330Ci 85k miles
11,657 Posts
Thank you gents for the advice, but h8 is that an US standard, by the looks those batteries resemble 010 type here in uk.
The details are in that link I posted.

Specifications
Volts: 12 V
Cold Crank Amp: 900
Vehicle Type: Car
Reserve Capacity: 140
Manufacturer Part Number: MAXX-H8
Contained Battery Type: Lead Acid
Model: MAXX-H8
Brand: EverStart Maxx
Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H): 13.90 x 6.90 x 7.50 Inches

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The details are in that link I posted.

Specifications
Volts: 12 V
Cold Crank Amp: 900
Vehicle Type: Car
Reserve Capacity: 140
Manufacturer Part Number: MAXX-H8
Contained Battery Type: Lead Acid
Model: MAXX-H8
Brand: EverStart Maxx
Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H): 13.90 x 6.90 x 7.50 Inches

These two of my choices of far:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
010 type is the original size. I looked at a UK battery website and I think type 019 is what we call h8 in the USA. Type 019 is the larger size (upgrade )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts