BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it appears that the battery in my 2000 323ci coupe just died. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good replacement? Stay stock, Die Hard, best sale I can find, or something else I haven't thought of :idea:

·
Registered
542 Posts
If you have a Costco around you go there. The batteries are the SAME as the name-brand batteries and a fraction of the cost.

There are only so many battery factories. They're all made (essentially) the same places. They just put different warranties/specs on them but they're the same. I've been doing it this way for years with no problems at all.

·
Registered
808 Posts
dealer was asking $388 for a new battery.. :yikes: after researching threads.. i found that alot of people where happy with the duralast 94 and 49 series. 49 will run you about $80 bucks and the 94 one will run you 150ish. It comes with a great warranty too. I purchased the 94DLG since my local autozone did not have any in stock and I was desperate for a new one. As for installation, it was pain removing the trunk trimming to access the battery. The battery weighs roughly 50lbs :yikes: GL

·
Registered
3 Posts
Damn,
I bought a battery from autozone but when I went to the dealership and talked to them they told me that the quality there is bad and that for an M3 you need their battery because it lasts longer. So I bought there's for about 250$ but they wanted another 150 for installation so I said **** it and put it in myself.
Geez i'm such a chump.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Damn,
I bought a battery from autozone but when I went to the dealership and talked to them they told me that the quality there is bad and that for an M3 you need their battery because it lasts longer. So I bought there's for about 250$ but they wanted another 150 for installation so I said **** it and put it in myself.
Geez i'm such a chump.
Sorry, you got duped. There really are only a few places which make batteries. They're all (essentially) the same as long as the specs match up.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have a duralast from autozone for sale if interested...no idea how to ship it though. PM me if interested. Only in the car for 2 days when I realized it was my wife's alternator and her original battery was fine.

Dave

1 - 14 of 14 Posts