BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to the dealer this is normal even though it just started. Does anyone else have their battery light on until you run the car for 5-10 minutes EVERY morning. Just doesn't sound right to me.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me for about a week last month - battery light comes on in the dash after startup then goes out after a few minutes of driving. I checked the battery connections and all looked good. The funny thing is that this hasn't happened since.

I got the same story from the dealer saying that it is "nothing to worry about". I'll probably bring it to the dealer and have them do a battery test since the car is still under warranty. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
This has gotten worse now. When I start the car, the light is on. It will stay on for 5 minutes or so sometimes more or less, then go off, then come right back on. It is constantly off and on everytime i drive the car. Its getting annoying as hell. This is definitely now normal.

KevinJ_2k1_325ci said:
According to the dealer this is normal even though it just started. Does anyone else have their battery light on until you run the car for 5-10 minutes EVERY morning. Just doesn't sound right to me.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well...

This was Passport BMW in MD who I've had problems with but they said the battery checked out and this is normal. Also the altenator charging was normal. These are the same people that put a dead amp on my HK and when i complained they said the amp was good. Then I unplug the amp and the sound is exactly the same as when plugged. THE AMP IS DEAD. I guess I need to go into BMW of Arlington to have some real BMW mechanics check it out.

He and his said:
have them charge it back up or replace it

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was right. Took it back in recently and NOW they change the altenator.

I have no battery light now BUT the idle rpms seem to be hoovering at 500 and pulsating up and below 500rpms and the car shudders slightly like its trying to cut off. I'm waiting till adaptation kicks in which could correct this before taking the car back.

KevinJ_2k1_325ci said:
This was Passport BMW in MD who I've had problems with but they said the battery checked out and this is normal. Also the altenator charging was normal. These are the same people that put a dead amp on my HK and when i complained they said the amp was good. Then I unplug the amp and the sound is exactly the same as when plugged. THE AMP IS DEAD. I guess I need to go into BMW of Arlington to have some real BMW mechanics check it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts