E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i have a 03 3251 and ive been having this problem for a few weeks now. Ive had to buy a brand new battery from Auto Zone and it still dies. Ive had to take it back to get it recharged 2 or 3 times now and its getting annoying. Ive also realized that my ac stays on after the car is turned off. it will just continue blowing air. is this the cause of my battery dieing or could be a short or something else? i know it cant be my alternator cause Ive had the terminals disconnected and the car still stays on...

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Check alternator vs load - the real way (at a shop) - air staying on in the cabin sounds like a short somewhere that is probably draining your car when its off.

Sent from my Nexus One using Bimmer App

·
Premium Member
28,972 Posts
Sounds like the famous FSR or Final Stage Resistor for the blower motor has failed. Typical/common BMW issue.

Use the SEARCH function and you will find all you ever needed and then some!

Might be able to pull a fuse went you park the car to keep the battery from being drawn down.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sounds like the famous FSR or Final Stage Resistor for the blower motor has failed. Typical/common BMW issue.

Use the SEARCH function and you will find all you ever needed and then some!

Might be able to pull a fuse went you park the car to keep the battery from being drawn down.
yup need to check for a FIAL STAGE DIY

1 - 6 of 6 Posts