BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gang,

I'm getting ready to replace one of my batwings and I'm looking to see if anyone has the string routing diagram. I used to have one, but can't locate it and after searching, am only coming up with empty or bad links.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: After continuing to search, I found this thread which appears to have everything I need.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=520323

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, I did this project today and replaced my batwings. Took me awhile to do one side, but once I got it, the other side went much faster.

I do have a question for you guys however and it has about the upper string attachment. The lower string has two connection points on the batwing and is thread threw the various connection points...which I have done. The upper string attachment appears to be very simple as it only has one connection point on the batwing so it is simply screwed into it's connection point and it is done.....but for the life of me, I haven't been able to find that connection point. Neither of my damaged ones were connected on the top, so I have nothing to follow and the very good DIY thread above, doesn't have a photo of how this top one connects. Ironically, the wings work fine without the top connection point, but I'm sure it is there for a reason so I would like to figure it out. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Also, I have a small hole in the line on one side where the batwing broke. Any suggestions on fixing the hole? Sewing or fabric glue...etc?

Thanks in advance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts