BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While mounting my snows, the little stick-on balancing weights came off on two of my wheels (not enough clearance between the weight and the caliper so they got sheered right off). Is this a big problem? (If it matters, I got the AT Italia Type 5's on a 330i.) Thanks.

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
If you have a vibration, Yes. When the mounter rebalances them, tell them not to place weights on the drop center of the wheel where the caliper would knock them off.

Did Tire Rack do the mounting and balancing? If so, contact my customer service department at 1-800-428-8355 ext 360 for assistance in getting this taken care of.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you have a vibration, Yes. When the mounter rebalances them, tell them not to place weights on the drop center of the wheel where the caliper would knock them off.

Did Tire Rack do the mounting and balancing? If so, contact my customer service department at 1-800-428-8355 ext 360 for assistance in getting this taken care of.
Well, I didn't notice any vibration. So does that mean I shouldn't worry about it?

BTW, the balancing was done by a local place; the original balancing weights from Tire Rack came off during shipping! Thanks, Gary, for your help.

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Well, if there is no vibration I would not call it an immdiate concern...no worries in other wods, but perhaps something to have checked/redone next time it is convenient.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts