BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i hardly listen to the radio, but a couple of weeks ago i noticed my FM reception was almost zero when my rear windshield heating is on.... i get lots of crackles and just overall bad reception. Now ive been to the dealer last week they said they'd replace some amplifier under warranty, so i took it in yesterday, and guess what.... it's still not fixed :rolleyes:
this problem is totally reproducable, so i'm guessing they just replaced the part and never even tested it afterwards...

i dont really care tho, i never listen to the radio, and if i ever would want to do that, i know i dont have to turn my rear window heating on... but still it's kinda disturbing to know they dont even test their stuff when they fix something at BMW :banghead: :banghead:

·
Registered
59 Posts
:dunno: Really? I have to use my rear defrost all the time and I have never noticed any problem with the radio. Did they tell you what was wrong? What AMP? :D

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they replaced the amplifier that connects the in-window antenna to the radio and the central lock system, at least thats what their tech just told me on the phone :dunno:

in any case, its not the amp cause that has been replaced and the problem remains :confused:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Me TOO

I also have the exact same problem. They too have replaced the ant amplifier without any success. The problem only arises when i use the rear defroster. When the defroster is off, the reception is excellent. They are now thinking about replacing the rear windshield :( as the problem may be the actual antennae in the windshield.

Please let me know what your tech discovers!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Had same problem

Had the exact same problem with my 2000 323i, they had to replace back window. Didn't have too much of a problem using FM, but AM was really distorted. Worked fine after they did the replacement.

·
Knight Rider
408 Posts
Yup me too. Only with AM.

Replace the read window? Eeep, don`t think I need AM that badly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts