E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped my car off at a dealership for a regular oil change, and also asked them to take a look at my a/c because its not that cold. First of all my service warranty expired (milage passed 36000), so they told me i have to pay $215 for the oil change and HAVE to do a brake fluid flush? thats another 135. For the a/c, i told them to call me b4 beginning any work, they noticed the frion was low but decided to open up my car to check for leaks WITHOUT getting my auth. Now they are charging me $260 addl. for labor because they didn't find any leaks.

Man I just wanted oil change and a/c to run cooler, now i have to pay 600+.

Any thoughts on better dealership in bay area or alternative ways to service car
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,940 Posts
That's rediculous. I'd deny payment because they didn't get your authorization. Also, I'd ask for a break down as far as parts and how long the labor took for the oil change. Your lawyer could have a good time with these people. Make the service manager aware you have no intention of paying that and that you will have someone looking into those fees.

As far as an alternative to servicing your car, change your own oil. It will cost you approx $30 total for the oil and filter and should take you 30-40 minutes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,940 Posts
Most dealers charge approx. $90 for an oil change. Charges should be there hourly rate*howeverlong it took them to do the work (no more than 20 mins on the oil change) + parts (probably 20 bucks or so for them). I'd love to see how they arrived at over $200.

Also they have to have your approval before doing that extra work. They didn't call for your approval (which you specifically requested) so they don't get paid.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
625 Posts
Funny you should post this....

Mine is in today...
80,000 miles and I'm having...
* the radiator flushed (every 2 years) for $70

*Brake lines flushed ( every 2 years) $70

* Oil change was $65

* Air bag light on...seat belt tensionor or sensor came unplugged?

Also having it detailed inside and out...they did this 6 months ago..$150 and I swear to Gawd it looked like it rolled off the show room floor....you'd never guess 4 years and 80,000 miles

Jon
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i told the damn 'serivce advisor' few times about contacting me FIRST, all he's saying now is i signed a legal document.

Damn theives man
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fripp64 said:
Funny you should post this....

Mine is in today...
80,000 miles and I'm having...
* the radiator flushed (every 2 years) for $70

*Brake lines flushed ( every 2 years) $70

* Oil change was $65

* Air bag light on...seat belt tensionor or sensor came unplugged?

Also having it detailed inside and out...they did this 6 months ago..$150 and I swear to Gawd it looked like it rolled off the show room floor....you'd never guess 4 years and 80,000 miles

Jon
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
you are joking right...why is mine 3+ times more? 330 needs a more expensive oil change or something?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
625 Posts
fw330....

I have no earthly idea :dunno:
Same oil

I hear you guys also pay $2+ for a gallon of gas....I'm paying $1.69 for premium (93 Octane)

My service shop also throws in stuff free...turned off my DRLs, replaced a leaky power steering hose....They are simply the best.
He came out yesterday as I pulled up and got out and greased the door hinge because he heard it squeak :thumbup:

Momentum in Birmingham is Da Bomb !!

Jon:thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
this one in fremont, ca just sucks. bad service, the guy actually hung up on me when i tried to reason w/ him. He said he'll TRY to give me some sort of discount on the a/c work. My point is i should only be paying for the damn frion, and NOTHING for that extra sh*t.

i always thought services are pretty much fixed in dealerships, i didn't know they vary that much
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
625 Posts
By the way...
When I dropped of my ride there was a guy picking up his Dinan 5 series...WOW....that was so sweet :pimpin:

Jon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,913 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,940 Posts
e46boy said:


dude... do you own that site or something? you advertised it everywhere :dunno:
Yes, he made the site. I'm pretty sure it's a non-profit site though (atleast for now)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
308 Posts
Dealer

e46boy said:


dude... do you own that site or something? you advertised it everywhere :dunno:
Its a very informative site about dealers,good or bad.You guys should post your dealer experiences on dealerrater.com so everyone can benefit from them.
vern
 

·
F22C1
Joined
·
944 Posts
Re: Dealer

vernong said:

Its a very informative site about dealers,good or bad.You guys should post your dealer experiences on dealerrater.com so everyone can benefit from them.
vern
:werd: to yur muther
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
193 Posts
damn sorry about your experiences.. i hate claridge too. i'm assuming thats where you took yours?

anyways, i did my last oil change with them awhile back and goin to do it some time soon. they are the closest dealership around here and i cant really do much. at least this time around, my oil change is free. good luck!

give them hell! hehehe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
CptPinoy said:
damn sorry about your experiences.. i hate claridge too. i'm assuming thats where you took yours?

anyways, i did my last oil change with them awhile back and goin to do it some time soon. they are the closest dealership around here and i cant really do much. at least this time around, my oil change is free. good luck!

give them hell! hehehe
CptPinoy .. it is the claridge's .. they f*cking suck.

I talked to the service manager yesterday, he acted all sympathetic, but when I started to talk about $. He started to get all defensive and said there was nothin he could do. Then I told him that i'll pay (because they'll probably keep my car until is paid) but i'll report this to the better business bureau. I didn't even take the sh*ting discount that they offered..whole $20 off .. whoop d do!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
fw330 said:


CptPinoy .. it is the claridge's .. they f*cking suck.

I talked to the service manager yesterday, he acted all sympathetic, but when I started to talk about $. He started to get all defensive and said there was nothin he could do. Then I told him that i'll pay (because they'll probably keep my car until is paid) but i'll report this to the better business bureau. I didn't even take the sh*ting discount that they offered..whole $20 off .. whoop d do!
sorry to hear about that man. definately report to the better business bureau and BMWNA (doubt it will do any good,but you may feel better). better yet, report them to the 'bureau of automotive repair' -i think they have more authority on these kind of issues. unless it specifically stated that you will pay for the service on the pre-work estimate they gave you, any additional charges should be considered fraud.

driver 8
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top