BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am unable to start the car, it is just clicking when i turn it over, I have taken a volt meter reading and it is indicating 11.5V, is this an indication that the battery needs replacing or charging? If i can charge the battery can i do this whilst it is in the car and connected and do i connect the charger to the special jump lead connections as indicated in the manual.

P.S. I have a 4amp Batterry charger is this good enough

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Steve F

·
Registered
148 Posts
wow no ones replied yet. I just replaced my battery last month. Usually you can take the battery to a local auto parts store to have them check & charge the battery for free. Hope that helps. If you happen to have a bad battery, you should get the Duralast 49DL from Auto Zone.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just replaced my battery two days ago. I suggest calling your local Autozone and asking if they can check to see if the battery is good. In regards to charging the battery, I would suggest removing it from the car when charging. If, for any reason, the battery malfunctions, leaks, or explodes you don't want it in your car at that time. A 4 amp charger should be fine. Let it go overnight.

How old is the battery? If it's over 5 years I would suggest replacing it and calling it good. Autozone sells a Duralast battery that works great. Check out this thread. It will help:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=268752

1 - 3 of 3 Posts