E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone with experience with B+M wanna chime in here ?

I had a B+M ssk put in about a month ago.

When I got it, it was real tough to engage 1st and 2nd and then 6th felt like it wasn't notching into anything.

Well, a week or so ago, I started hearing some minor chatter with my clutch/flywheel.

Well, the last two days things have got really bad.

When I hit 4K, the clutch/fly chatters like hell.
1st and 2nd are still hard as hell to engage. Hasn't smoothed out a bit.

also, if I just rest my hand on the shifter now, you can hear metal on metal vibrations.

Anyone else have/had issue's with B+M ssk's ?

This car isn't leaving my garage now, until Monday, when it gets driven to the shop that installed it.

I had a buddy who had his clutch fried, from improper SSK install, so I'm not going that route.

Anyone with thoughts, please let me know what you think.

kj

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's my instinct too .......
I just hope it hasn't mangled my clutch/flywheel......

Was looking into putting in a UUC set up anyway I guess......

kj

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
kinda...but not anything extreme...yes, engagement was hard when new...but...overall my only complaint is the noise...but hey...mines called the race for a reason...

·
Registered
182 Posts
kujo said:
Anyone with experience with B+M wanna chime in here ?

I had a B+M ssk put in about a month ago.

When I got it, it was real tough to engage 1st and 2nd and then 6th felt like it wasn't notching into anything.

Well, a week or so ago, I started hearing some minor chatter with my clutch/flywheel.

Well, the last two days things have got really bad.

When I hit 4K, the clutch/fly chatters like hell.
1st and 2nd are still hard as hell to engage. Hasn't smoothed out a bit.

also, if I just rest my hand on the shifter now, you can hear metal on metal vibrations.

Anyone else have/had issue's with B+M ssk's ?

This car isn't leaving my garage now, until Monday, when it gets driven to the shop that installed it.

I had a buddy who had his clutch fried, from improper SSK install, so I'm not going that route.

Anyone with thoughts, please let me know what you think.

kj
Which model B&M do you have? Maybe you have the one not made for the 6spd? 45130 should be the correct part number. BTW, I have the B&M in my car and no problems at all

1 - 5 of 5 Posts