E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
awsome vid

i hate to say it but m3 looks a bit outdated when compared to rs4.
but i'd still take the m3 :p

·
(oOO \ (||||)(||||) / OOo)
2,264 Posts
Nice video indeed. I haven't seen it even though someone claimed it's a repost. You gotta love those track races.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I'm sorry but I would have the new RS4 over the E46 M3 any day of the week. :yikes: I know, I know. I had an A4 2.8 V6 Quattro and it was probably the best car I ever owned, I can't imagine what that thing is like. :drool:

BUT, we haven't seen the E92 M3 yet. :D

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
awesome, i'd love either car.

but the thing that puzzles me; doesn't saloon mean sedan? why did they compare the m3 to an rs4? both very different cars in different classes.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Cobra said:
awesome, i'd love either car.

but the thing that puzzles me; doesn't saloon mean sedan? why did they compare the m3 to an rs4? both very different cars in different classes.
True but there's allways been a M3/RS4 comparisson/war thing going on, in England anyway. They just seem to be arch rivals, like Man U and Arsenal (if that makes sense :D)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Why CS and not CSL? They (Fifth Gear TV) were testing currently available cars. CSL is no longer available and the CS is the European run out model - spec as per CSL less the carbon roof, lightweight wheels and SMG. UK press rate it highly.

Tiff Needell (ex F1) and Jason Plato (Touring cars) are both great drivers. Considering vintage and power deficit, the M3 does very well. I think that were it on flying rather than standing start (which favours quattro) the M3 would have been on par with RS4.

Saloon is UK term for US sedan.

Both desirable cars.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I'm sorry to say, in my opinion, but the RS4 will still take the new e90 M3 when it comes out. 420 hp, more tq, and AWD. Won't be easy.

Looks wise, I hope the M3 is better than the e92 coupe.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts