BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am excited and proud to announce that after many months negotiation Samco UK have agreed to develop a Silicon Cooling hose kit for the non M E46!! This kit will suit all 6 Cyl non M models... 320 through 330.

This has been tried before by US fanatics, but it fell through. It took a lot of perseverance and follow up...

Samco have previously only made kits for M Cars...
It is an excellent modification, making your cooling system more reliable overall whilst also reducing operating temperatures reducing wear and increasing power.

Samco is the world leader in these silicon hose products suppling to Formula 1, World Rally Championship and Superbike among others.

You can read all about them at www.samcosport.com

In order to proceed with the mould my contact has required that I pre sell 15 sets! I will be ordering 3 myself, so I need to get orders on another 12...

One exciting aspect to this is that they will do their fancy custom colors but an added cost.

3 piece kit includes; Radiator Top Hose, Radiator Lower Hose, Radiator Return Hose (water pipe)

List cost SHIPPED TO AUSTRALIAN addressee for standard colors (Black, Red or Blue) is;
$125 AUD for the 3 piece hose set
$20 AUD for the Samco stainless clip set (recommended)
$25 AUD Postage (this will cover the cost of shipping from the UK to me and then onto each individual purchaser)

TOTAL $170 for the full buy
or
TOTAL $150 without the hose clamps

Colours that have a price premiums are Classic Black, Viper Red, Pink, White, Silver, Gun Metal, these have a 15% increase = $144 for the 3 hoses

Camo colours along with Blaze have a 35% price increase over stock colours = $169 for the 3 hoses

Custom camo is where the customer picks 4 colours for his hose, this would have a 50% increase over stock colours = $188 for the 3 hoses (the camo in white, blue, silver and orange is a CUSTOM example - go nuts!)

I wont be making anything from this, other than it enabling the kit to proceed...

Paypal directly to [email protected]
I will regularly update all with the status of how many ordered, up until we have the 15 sold that is required. At this point delivery will be within approx. 3-4 weeks (tooling must be made and then hoses) and then shipped to us from the UK.

If anyone wants to enquire about my reliability, please speak with Forum Sponsor, Stephen from Worx Automotive.

The below pictures are indicative only, they don't show the specific kit (as it has not been tooled up yet) but they give an indication of the Samco color range and the quality look of their products...

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
did you end up getting one made for the ESS supercharger?
Hi mate - still waiting to order. Saving the $$ as I have to buy 10 sets or something - but one is yours compliments. I'd say it's a couple of months away still.

Will you buy a set of the cooling hoses? I need to get 12 sold.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can an order be placed for an M3? May be interested if so
Hi - Samco does make a kit for the M3 - but this can be bought through any regular Samco dealer.

What I am doing is trying to get 15 sets pre sold so that Samco will go ahead and make a set for E46 non M.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
what about here in the us? i got a pm about this.
Hi - thanks for the reply - unfortunately I wasn't not able to post this in the US classifides due to sponsorship reasons. For US people if is really just a case of extra for freight- I'd estimate a parcel cost of say $35 for a trackable package... Or possibly $25 for non trackable.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts