E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Worst Dealership I have been to. To make a long story short I went to the Dealership Saturday (6/28/08) to purchase a BMW that I been looking at. The Sales guy was more interested in talking on his cell phone then he was showing us the cars. However, they had the exact car I been looking for was on the lot so we started making a deal. The Sales Manager wanted to sell the car at $36,500 and we did not want to spend no more then $36,000, so we decided that this isn’t going to happen and left. Then I get a call from the sales guy on Tuesday (7/1/08) saying the OWNER of Weatherford BMW would like to talk to us and he will make the deal worth it. At first I thought it was a tactic they were using to get us back to the dealer because why would the owner be concerned with someone who is trying to purchase a used car. So we get there, not a surprise to me, the owner had to leave due to a family emergency but left the assistant manager the best price he can sell the car for $38,500. Two thousand dollars more then what the manager had stated to us couple of days before. They would not honor the $36,500 and told us we could not sell it for no less then $38,500.00. I have never head of an Owner ever get involved in a sale of a car. Avoid this dealership, I have been reading other reviews online and they are terrible and use cleaver tactics to get people to come into the dealership.

Has anyone else had issues with this dealer?

So the hunt is still on for a M3.

·
Registered
195 Posts
For me, definitely one of the worst ones around here but not the worst one. I would definitely keep searching, you'll find one.

·
Registered
68 Posts
wow that sucks. go somewhere else and good luck searching for it, it takes time to find the exact one, took me 2 months to find my m3.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Why do people still go into the dealerships to buy cars? I've bought my last two BMWs by sending out quote emails then narrowing it down to a few hardcores....then when I have 2-3 close to my price I say dealer1 will sell it for x dollars to dealer2 , then ask dealer2 two if he's willing to go a few hundred below I'll buy the car from him. It kinda sucks for dealer1 because he usually is the one who put in the effort to get close to my price. But the bottom line is what it's all about here....then once I agree with a dealer I asked for a faxed quote on the agreed price with his signature then I finally meet the guy face to face. Dealer2 is usually willing to do this deal since he knows someone else did all his work for him. Works perfectly and you never have to deal with crappy sales guys. You basically try to have the dealers try to win your business...but of course the asking price needs to be within reason, these are BMWs and not Hondas were negotiating for.

Of course I test drive the car I'm interested in first but never engage in negotiations with the dealer at that time, if anything I just ask for their cards to throw them a bone then toss the card in the trash afterwards.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Why do people still go into the dealerships to buy cars? I've bought my last two BMWs by sending out quote emails then narrowing it down to a few hardcores....then when I have 2-3 close to my price I say dealer1 will sell it for x dollars to dealer2 , then ask dealer2 two if he's willing to go a few hundred below I'll buy the car from him. It kinda sucks for dealer1 because he usually is the one who put in the effort to get close to my price. But the bottom line is what it's all about here....then once I agree with a dealer I asked for a faxed quote on the agreed price with his signature then I finally meet the guy face to face. Dealer2 is usually willing to do this deal since he knows someone else did all his work for him. Works perfectly and you never have to deal with crappy sales guys. You basically try to have the dealers try to win your business...but of course the asking price needs to be within reason, these are BMWs and not Hondas were negotiating for.

Of course I test drive the car I'm interested in first but never engage in negotiations with the dealer at that time, if anything I just ask for their cards to throw them a bone then toss the card in the trash afterwards.

I gave him the same advice on the other board. Playing these guys off each other is the only way to go.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Bay Area dealers are the absolute worst and would rather wait for some idiot willing to spend the extra $500 than make you a deal. SF, Peter Pan and Weatherford are all assclowns when it comes to making deals, prob cuz they don't have to as they have a steady supply of new-moneyed idiots throwing coin at them.

Go to SoCal. I have had great experiences at both Cutter in Santa Barbara and Steve Thomas in Camarillo.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Sorry to hear that brah. I had great experiences buying in both Peter Pan and Concord though, maybe you can give them a try. GL! :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts