E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2004 325ci 45k miles
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all, i just setup my avin avant 4 PX6 with i-bus and wireless carplay and I can't figure out how to change the theme or "Launcher". Avin has 5 available home launchers available on android 10 and I cant seem to find it in the regular, factory settings, or extra settings. There is an option in factory settings called "customer version" which i believe might be it. It has 5 options to choose from but I didn't want to mess anything up. Anyone know?
I read all of the available guides on the avin support page

·
Registered
2004 325ci 45k miles
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I can't check right now but I'm pretty sure its just titled "default home app" which seems like a weird way to name the setting to change the factory launcher, which is probably why I scrolled over it.
The unit it great btw. Much more responsive and customizable than I thought. definitely get the px6 and i bus at least. Also if you decide to get an ac relocation bracket from bmw and not the dynavin one... they’re all titled the same “radio mounting bracket” and you need the one for nav, your correct button layout, and if you want the light for smokers package it’s about $50-80 more depending on the variation. I’m stupid and bought the wrong one and I’m waiting on the new part to come for a clean fit. the genuine bmw brackets look nicer than the dynavin obviously

·
Registered
325Ci Convertible
221 Posts
Have you solved this yet?

I have come across this option whilst playing about with my unit, but will need to go back and actually check where it is.

·
Registered
2004 325ci 45k miles
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Have you solved this yet?

I have come across this option whilst playing about with my unit, but will need to go back and actually check where it is.
It’s in Settings > apps and notifications > default apps > home app > launcher
If you don’t have 5 launchers in that menu you have to update. I used a 32gb sandisk microusb into the front of the unit :)

Attachments

·
Registered
325Ci Convertible
221 Posts
OK, were not sure if you had found the option you were looking for, read your post late.

Thanks for telling me there is an update, my sw version is from October 2020 (which brought in the select launcher menu I think)

·
Registered
2004 325ci 45k miles
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, were not sure if you had found the option you were looking for, read your post late.

Thanks for telling me there is an update, my sw version is from October 2020 (which brought in the select launcher menu I think)
Where’s the select launcher menu? I ordered mine in December and if we’re both on Android 10 I should have it

·
Registered
325Ci Convertible
221 Posts
Settings > Car > Home app

Gets you to this screen

I'm on a different firmware to you but hopefully the options is in the same place

Could you post or PM me a link to that page with the firmware update? I can't see it on AVIN's support page.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Where’s the select launcher menu? I ordered mine in December and if we’re both on Android 10 I should have it
I’m also interested in that firmware update link if you’d care to share. Running an AVIN Avant 4 but stuck on Android 9 without the update.

·
Registered
325Ci Convertible
221 Posts
Technically you should be able to upgrade an android 9 unit to 10. But it won't be as straightforward as just flashing an android 10 firmware file. There are usually other partitions that will want updating first.

You will need the updates for those partitions. I expect trying to flash android 10 without the pre-requisite updates will end up with a bricked unit, aka hundreds of $$$ down the drain.

So probably Darko61 has the right answer. I don't think the difference between 9 and 10 is worth that IMO.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts