BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

421 - 440 of 474 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
I went with the the Alpine unit.
Don’t care for the i-Data interface as my car doesn’t have it.
And I don’t want to become an Android expert. I dislike android.
And wanted the better sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
anyone got the password for the android autoplay black dongle..??

Stupid avin sends it to me and I can't get into the good enhanced settings without some mystery password!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
123 Posts
anyone got the password for the android autoplay black dongle..??

Stupid avin sends it to me and I can't get into the good enhanced settings without some mystery password!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
126 is the password for the enhanced head unit settings. 0000 is the bluetooth pairing code for the CarPlay adapter.

CarPlay Adapter / AutoPlay app manual:
https://support.avinusa.com/hc/en-us/articles/360023581734-How-to-connect-to-the-Wireless-CarPlay-Adapter

·
Registered
60 Posts
There is an app that you can setup to startup or just press yourself that will dim the screen lower than the lowest setting, this is great for night time driving as I also find the screen to bright at its lowest setting at night.

What’s the name of the app???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
104 Posts
I got the AA/carplay adapter and installed Autoplay. It asked for the phone to be plugged in and starts fine. Android Auto works great for about 60-90 seconds and then the app freezes. If I go into Settings like they suggest in the support section, then at the bottom there is a thing to click to update. But when I click that, it says something like "the program is abnormal and will shut down" and refuses to update anything. I have a USB hub in one of the USB outlets. Whether I connect the adapter to that or directly to one of the other USB ports on the headunit, all of this is the exact same. Anyone got any ideas?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Which E46s are compatible with the I-BUS adapter?
The AVIN website does not mention that any E46s would be excluded.
I agree this is now a confusing topic that is the only reason I haven't bought a unit.

What the hell is the I-Bus and will it work, or do I need it for my E46 05' M3.

I've seen posts saying it doesn't work with E46 but there are youtube videos with it working.

Also, I don't have PDC so does this mean I won't benefit from I-Bus?

Is this not the same as Torque?

I'm Confused, someone clarify what this is and who it is for.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I agree this is now a confusing topic that is the only reason I haven't bought a unit.

I've seen posts saying it doesn't work with E46 but there are youtube videos with it working.

00_IBUS-App_Start_HighBC.png

It works on all the E46 models it gives you the OBC that your car would not have come with if you did not have the OEM GPS .

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, I've had this problem with steering wheel controls ever since I got my avant 4 (PX6). Basically the buttons work, but I can't seem to change what they do, i.e would love for the speaking button to trigger google assistant but instead it launches the bluetooth app.
Supposedly that is what the "Wheelkey study" app is for, but that doesn't let me do anything. Has anyone had a similar issue?

Thanks

·
Registered
407 Posts
Which E46s are compatible with the I-BUS adapter?
The AVIN website does not mention that any E46s would be excluded.
I think all E46s are compatible. My 2001 pre-facelift works fine with it. It's nothing spectacular IMO. I do like that it added a comfort blinker (whatever they call it) where it flashes a few times when I tap the signal stalk. It works maybe 80% of the time for me and it won't work if the iBus app wasn't the first app that opened after you start the car. There's a setting in it to launch a different app for you after you open the iBus app so that's what I do. Start car, iBus app opens, 1 sec later it opens the Apple CarPlay app and all is good from there.

iBus app shows you which lights are on, windows are open, and has a number of other configurable items. Would I buy it again? Sure, the comfort blinker is nice to have but there's nothing else much that the app can do that I can't do with INPA.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I like the ibus app because it has 2 fuel consumption options. I keep consumption one as my total mpg and then set consumption 2 to restart every time the car restarts. Been focusing on upping my efficiency and this has helped a lot in conjunction with my instantaneous needle. Helps me know what routes are better for my to travel. Have 25.6 overall mpg right now.

It’s the little things haha

Sent from my iPad using E46Fanatics

·
Registered
1 Posts
Using ibus adapter to launch apps

Can anyone provide the path to setting the ibus adapter to launch another app? I have read that others have set it up to launch CarPlay automatically. I have gone through the menus several times to no avail.
TIA,
Highbuck

·
Registered
176 Posts
App Start

Can anyone provide the path to setting the ibus adapter to launch another app? I have read that others have set it up to launch CarPlay automatically. I have gone through the menus several times to no avail.
TIA,
Highbuck
Its Under "Other" then auto app start

other auto app start.png

·
//Binary is in my DNA
2002 BMW 325i
3,752 Posts
TIA,
Highbuck
I just set the AutoPlay app to auto start within the AutoPlay app itself by selecting auto start when plugged in. Since the AutoPlay module is plugged in via USB, it starts every time at Avin startup.

·
Registered
145 Posts

https://www.ibus-app.de/index_en.html

·
Registered
30 Posts
Does anyone know how to set the power options on the Avant 4 to go fully off after a certain amount of time like the old Avant 2 did? Now that I'm not driving much it is slowly draining my battery as it is always in fast boot mode. The only option I have found is the one for how fast it goes into standby after turning off the ignition switch.

Also, I can't seem to change the volume of my navigation app. The settings in car\navigation appear to do nothing. Switch does not work. It is always in mixing mode and changing the mixing amount does nothing.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Does anyone know how to set the power options on the Avant 4 to go fully off after a certain amount of time like the old Avant 2 did? Now that I'm not driving much it is slowly draining my battery as it is always in fast boot mode. The only option I have found is the one for how fast it goes into standby after turning off the ignition switch.

Also, I can't seem to change the volume of my navigation app. The settings in car\navigation appear to do nothing. Switch does not work. It is always in mixing mode and changing the mixing amount does nothing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Can anyone answer a couple of questions about the Avant 4 please?:

1. Do you really need the Android Auto dongle? As I currently use an app called Head Unit Reloaded on my current Android HU (Erisin) and it works really really well. Has anyone tried it on the Avant 4?

2. Are the two knobs made of rubber, like the OEM BMW satnav, or a hard plastic like the cheaper chinese Android HUs?

thanks!

421 - 440 of 474 Posts