E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Avic-D3 Install Finished

15K views 27 replies 11 participants last post by  LeontiyZHP 
D3 install

In pic #3 where you have the cut in the dash. Did you fab the metal tray to support the D3 or did you buy it. If the later, from where. If you did the fab, can you share measurement, info on the material and instructions?

Thanks.

Tpaquette.

D3 Install

Once you cut the ABS plastic away behind the dash to make room for the D3, did you have to move the hoses around prior to installing the radio tray that you bought from Janus?

The reason why I am asking is that I am thinking about having a local shop do the install and I need to pass on to them as much detail on the install as possible. So it would be much appreciated if you could get back to me on this question as well as anything else that required fab work, tweaking, rerouting of wires, hoses...etc.

Thanks so much.

Tony.

D3 Install

Thanks for all the feedback. One last question. Can you tell me what did you purchase for a wiring harness and did you have an issues with hooking it up to the D3, HK amps and steering wheel controls (I have this harness already).

Thanks.

Tp.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.