BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My car (BMW E46 320D) came with Webasto Aux. heater incorporated. Worked fine until a few days ago. Now a minute after stopping the engine, a sound is heard from the Aux. heater box (located at the top left side looking front of the engine bay) like it is allways working, non stop. In fact leaving it trough the night, it completelly drains the battery. Allready happend 2 times that I had to use another battery to start the car. I solved the problem momentarelly by disconnecting the 2 electrical plugs from the unit, but now the hot air blow takes a lot longer to come inside the car and not the temperature it used to be, its quite colder at max. temp. selected that it was before. Is the unit inoperative or is another issue that its causing the problem? Not feeling happy to buy another unit cause its way too expensive only to warm up the air. Thank you for any help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a problem with Webasto too. It seems taht only the air fan and the circulating pump work when I start the engine. When I activated the webasto with the inpa cable it started right and lot of smoke came out.
I got 2 errors related:
1. on webasto module - 14 k-bus breakdown - implausible value, invalid working area
2. on engine module - 51 Coolant temperature heater - activation open circuit or KS after B+

Anyone got any idea what could it be?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts