E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
BMW 320i 2002 e46 5spd manual RHD
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have to remove my ps pump to try and do some work on it....as it is now i don't havs ps anyway and the pump has been connected in a circle of circulation for about 5 months now.. (out of filler bottle, down into pump, out of pump thru what looks to be a cooler build into radiator back into filler bottle)

This has been done because the pump gave in couple months ago and stopped working....it still turns / pumps but stops pumping at some point as it heats up ...its the later lf30 upgraded pump, shaft is fine and it does not size...it just stopps pumping after a while.

So i need to check it over, but still need the car, i went online looking for a belt i could use to bypass it and found something.

This is from another forum so I will only post pictures

So based on that, the person was happy with the 1370mm belt.. now i tried to get that size belt from my local shop but he doesn't have it....i know nothing about belts so can someone, based on the next picture (what he does have) tell me what would be second best belt to get? Please...here is what he has:

Thanks

·
Registered
2002 330i 5 Speed
206 Posts
I would go on Amazon and order what you need. I don't know too much about belts either but they look way overpriced!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would go on Amazon and order what you need. I don't know too much about belts either but they look way overpriced!
The prices are in south african Rand, lol sorry i should have said that, also Amazon not an option for me unfortunately.

·
Registered
2002 330i 5 Speed
206 Posts
The prices are in south african Rand, lol sorry i should have said that, also Amazon not an option for me unfortunately.
Oh man, that's awful. Good luck.
I would try 6PK1400. Go to the store with tools and try it out in the parking lot. If it works, great! If not, try another.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh man, that's awful. Good luck.
I would try 6PK1400. Go to the store with tools and try it out in the parking lot. If it works, great! If not, try another.
Unfortunately, here you can't just returned it..once you bought it, its non refundable...but i think i will try another supplier first, one from out of town.. he from time to time comes here, maybe he will have stock, maybe he will be able to diliver, idk😅

·
Registered
E46 320ci M54, 2.2 170cv convertible '00
532 Posts
...but in this case, you will be running without power steering at all?
what advantages do yu have on deleting this pump?

in that thread said they usd the R53 Mini Cooper S belt. maybe you can order it online if not available there

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
...but in this case, you will be running without power steering at all?
what advantages do yu have on deleting this pump?

in that thread said they usd the R53 Mini Cooper S belt. maybe you can order it online if not available there
No advantage at all, but as it is now i anyway am running 0 power steering...
The only advantage is, that i can take the pump off, open it up and see what the problem is and what i can do about the problem...while still driving the car for college.....if i was a working man and had the funds, i woulda just said f it and buy a new pump without thinking twice...but as a college student things move slow, and fixes move even slower, but i make a plan and get it done, always...my ps will he back and working..maybe not within the next couple months, but work, it will work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts