BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, Today I went to the dealer and got the aux input. I installed it and my radio will not recognize it, just goes radio, CD then back to radio. I have an '02 330i and told the parts dept this. I am wondering if the input is only for '03s.. . Please help, I am so angry. Such a simple install yet I would have to have this happen.

Thanks,
-T-:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the aux input was 42.00 and change from the dealer. I am using it for my xm so that I don't have to use the FM modulator... which sounds like ass. You can plug anything into it though, it is just a stereo headphone jack (female) basically.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Everything I've seen re: the OEM aux input is that it's only for model year 2003+. Sorry....

I'm sure it won't be any consolation, but I put one in my 2003 330XI and it works great!

BB

·
Registered
222 Posts
tee51397 said:
OK, Today I went to the dealer and got the aux input. I installed it and my radio will not recognize it, just goes radio, CD then back to radio. I have an '02 330i and told the parts dept this. I am wondering if the input is only for '03s.. . Please help, I am so angry. Such a simple install yet I would have to have this happen.
What is the build date of your car (should be on the driver's door nameplate panel)? If it is 09/02 or later you should definitely be Ok. I've heard that some late model year 2002 cars got the new headunit / harness as well and can accept this kit.

Do you have NAV? If so, and you found the 3rd leg of the wiring harness behind the NAV display, you should be Ok (it is only there on the 2003 harness). I'm not sure about cars without NAV.

In any event, my 09/02 build 325xiT and a couple others I've heard of had the pins in the wrong order in the aux part of the NAV harness - I couldn't select Aux until I swapped pins 2 and 3 in the 3-pin connector. Again, I'm not sure if this problem was in the non-NAV cars as well.

·
Registered
146 Posts
2001 blues

Anyone who can figure this out for the 01s is my personal hero.

All headunits should have this option in my opinion...

Take care

·
Legendary like a schoolboy
6,847 Posts
search BMWpila for 01's

·
Registered
146 Posts
Thanks for this thought. I thought that the BMWpila was only for trunk mounted stuff (aka changers...).

Can I use the BMWpila to add a 1/8 inch input in the front of the car?

Sorry to thread jack.

·
Registered
490 Posts
When I installed the Aux input in my '04 with Nav I had to switch pins 2 & 3. Try that before you return it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
hi

My car was build in may 2002
I got a 330ci with nav, and all 3 packages
do you think I can get teh aux to work in my car or not to even bother. How and what do I check for to see if it will plug in.

I not buying hte part and it not working I just don't want to rip apart my Bimmer if it won't work

thanks
Frank

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was looking at BMWpila but didn't see an option to use it for the XM

1 - 17 of 17 Posts