BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What could cause this? The problem is when i start the car and turn AC on aux fan does its little check and starts spinning. i plug in inpa and switch signals how fast i want to spin it. everything works fine i can go from 10-90% but then when engine gets warm fan stops and wont accept my signals anymore. i can see that dme is still requesting fan to sping up to 15 speeds. this value is rising all the time but fan wont start spinning. Any ideas? i just replaced temp switch at radiator outlet but that didn't fix anything.

·
Registered
2000 E46 323i, 3.0L and 2.0L Z3's
446 Posts
Sounds like the control module on the fan has a temp related fault. Time to buy a new fan as it comes with the control module.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My car is 2000 328i ms42. fan is original first gen siemens fan it doesnt have this module its integrated in the fan motor. Could i just upgrade it with newer one? not gonna buy oem fan but i've seen one from hella that should be OE quality and it is alot cheaper. I might still test pwm generator to give signal to my fan manually when engine is hot to see if its really the final control unit that fails when it gets hot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got the same problem, 2 years ago. need to buy a new fan , if you wanna i can give uou the link where i bought. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts