E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went to autozone and some other place and they both said that the k&n airfilter's for 02 bmw models didnt come in yet...i'm just wondering..will 01 models work for the 02?..:dunno: :dunno: i dont think there's a difference between 01 and 02..especially the air filters...but just making sure..and btw..how much of a difference will a new air filter make for your car in terms of torque gain and hp's?i know it's not alot..but just curious:pimpin:

·
Banned
3,769 Posts
Runurass said:
i went to autozone and some other place and they both said that the k&n airfilter's for 02 bmw models didnt come in yet...i'm just wondering..will 01 models work for the 02?..:dunno: :dunno: i dont think there's a difference between 01 and 02..especially the air filters...but just making sure..and btw..how much of a difference will a new air filter make for your car in terms of torque gain and hp's?i know it's not alot..but just curious:pimpin:
forget the filter...just get a real CAI!!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Re: autozone doesnt have k&n airfilter's for 02's

02black330i said:

forget the filter...just get a real CAI!!

ahh...money's tight...who has the jim comforti? i hear it's a real bang for the buck:)

·
Banned
3,769 Posts
Re: Re: Re: autozone doesnt have k&n airfilter's for 02's

Runurass said:

ahh...money's tight...who has the jim comforti? i hear it's a real bang for the buck:)
for the best bang for the buck, why not get the benfer CAI??? its only like 100-140?:dunno:

·
Registered
353 Posts
'02 K&N Air Filter

Yes it is out however most K&N parts catalog do not list it. The part number you're looking for is #33-2231 which fits the 2002 air box perfectly and much better than #33-2070 which is for the earlier years.

It's obvious that #33-2231 is designed specifically for the 2002 model year. The filter is slightly smaller in length and width and comes with a 1/4" neoprene type self adhesive gasket that affixes to the air box lid around the perimeter channel to insure a tight seal around the filter and air box.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: '02 K&N Air Filter

Banker said:
Yes it is out however most K&N parts catalog do not list it. The part number you're looking for is #33-2231 which fits the 2002 air box perfectly and much better than #33-2070 which is for the earlier years.

It's obvious that #33-2231 is designed specifically for the 2002 model year. The filter is slightly smaller in length and width and comes with a 1/4" neoprene type self adhesive gasket that affixes to the air box lid around the perimeter channel to insure a tight seal around the filter and air box.

Hope that helps.
so simply put..01 isnt a perfect fit :lmao: :lmao:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.