E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I recently bought an e46 330xi from 2003 that came with the factory 2DIN autoradio.

On the screen 1.jpg, you can see the 2 female connector that are avaible on the factory autoradio and on the screen 2.jpg you can see the 2 wires that are on my car.

I bought an new android autoradio that fits perfectly but as you can see behind on 3.jpg there is another big connector.

I suppose that i have to wire the 4jpg wire but on the other side (to connect on my car) it doesn't match at all.

On the 5.jpg you can see the specification of my new autoradio.

I have steering wheel controls and CD rack on my car boot.

Thanks for your help, have a nice day !

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thx guys for the fast reply.

Yes it was the default 2DIN nav and i replace it with a 2 DIN Android autoradio.

I will check tonight on my trunk to see if there is the head unit.
If you have a tutorial to complete the installation with the extension cable i'll take it :)

Thx a lot

·
Super Moderator
'03 325iT Mystic Blau
6,643 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So i openned the trunk and saw what's inside

And i tryed to connect my new autoradio and it function well !

Do you guys know the reference of the 6m extended cable i'll need to connect my autoradio on my center console ?

·
Registered
414 Posts
I know you are determined to install that, but it looks like you already have factory nav, CD changer, satellite radio, and the newer Bluetooth module. You might consider leaving the stock system and installing a piBus system or wait for the new Bluetooth add-on that's being developed.

If you still want to add the cable, it is a bit of a pain to install. It costs about $300 and requires pulling the back seat, driver's seat, center console, and the lower part of the dash so you can run the cable. There are several write ups for adding factory nav you can search for -the process is the same but the cable is effectively reversed. I've done this twice (adding factory nav) and it is an annoying diy. I've never done the reverse so I'm not sure if you need a different cable.

·
Registered
414 Posts
It seems there may be an aftermarket cable you can use. That's good news. Like I said, I've only done the opposite -converting from non nav to nav and that requires a $300 harness from BMW unless you want to make your own. The wiring is definitely a pain though but certainly doable.

·
Super Moderator
'03 325iT Mystic Blau
6,643 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.