E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi guys, i'm new in this group or website or ..., i don't know :D .
i have a 330ci convertible with ZF5HP19 automatic transmission , and i'm about to tune it
without changing my tranny to a manual or SMG one,
so i'm not sure someone did this before or not, because i know always manual or smg is better choice for tuning.
but anyway if someone did this before comment here in this topic.
first of all:
i just found a stage2 torque converter , with 400 to 600 rpm STALL for my car,
so this is my first step; changing my torque converter! ;)
but i have a question;
how much is the standard torque converters stall in ZF5HP19 transmissions?!?!?!

·
Registered
2004 330i
7,469 Posts
i wouldn't mess with either of the at in the bmw , esp the zf

get ess software if you want , other than that , leave it alone

·
Registered
2006 330ci zhp
2,046 Posts
What is it you are trying to accomplish? What don't you like about the trans?

The ZF trans has some weak areas. If I were you (if you were itching to spend some money and time on it) I'd do PM to it like reverse drum and pump seal. That's what goes wrong with them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
i wouldn't mess with either of the at in the bmw , esp the zf

get ess software if you want , other than that , leave it alone
that's my next step actually to update my software, but if i get that software you said, my transmission works better, right? because my FIRST problem is LAG when i' changing gears in semi manual mode and SECOND problem is, when engine rpm goes to redline , transmission changes the gear automatically!(in manual mode) . before my E46 , i had a F10 528i with 8 speed auto transmission, that transmission was freaky good! without these problems... :(
and i found that Stock ZF5HP19 transmission torque converters stall is 2000RPM...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is it you are trying to accomplish? What don't you like about the trans?

The ZF trans has some weak areas. If I were you (if you were itching to spend some money and time on it) I'd do PM to it like reverse drum and pump seal. That's what goes wrong with them.
so is there any aftermarket or high performance reverse drum & pump seal for me? how can i find it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.