E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you are accelerating hard sometimes you get what feels like clutch chatter in a stick shift car while it shifts from first to second. It is a 2000 328i automatic. I was wondering if this could just be a shift solenoid or if this is a sign the tranny is starting to wear out.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll check the fluid level and report back. There is never a single spot on the ground after i move my car and i'm not getting an idiot light.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just noticed i left out a HUGE peace of information in my description. This ONLY happens between first and second gear. Brain fart.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update, Transmission fluid not low. I took a picture of the sticker on the Tranny pan but i'm just about color blind and i'm not sure i would have been able to tell what color this sticker was if i wasn't. I did confirm it's a GM unit.

I'm thinking of changing the transmission filter, fluid and second gear solenoid unless you guys have some ideas?

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
change the fluid. report back.

·
Registered
14 Posts
any luck wit this issue? iam having the same problem after i changed my fluid and the fluid it at correct level, also my car 2000 328ci with the gm trans....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.