E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really am in the market for a manual 330Ci, but I found a person not too far from me selling his 2002 330Ci with Premium/Sport/Winter Harmon/Kardon 33600 miles. It's an automatic, but I kind of want a manual.

Would you buy it if you could get it for a good deal?

·
Registered
857 Posts
1. if u wanna rev, you just have to push a pedal instead of putting the selector in neutral
2. you can peel out :woot:
3. it's faster by almost a second
4. do you want to drive the car or do you want the car to drive you :p

do manual!!!!

·
.--. . -. .. ...
4,684 Posts
I had never driven a manual when I got my car and I had 2 days to learn before the weekend was over. Get a manual, you will not be dissapionted. My sister has an auto 325Ci and I used to love to drive it, now it sucks compared to my manual. If anything else, gas mileage is ~8-10mpg better than an auto.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
I hesitantly ordered my 325Ci with a stick. I drove it off the dealers lot not knowing hot to drive a manual. The first week I had the car I was miserable and wasn't sure I made the right decision.

Fast fw to a couple months later, I was SO happy I didn't get an auto.

I will never buy another car if it doesn't come with a manual tranny. Maybe I'll change my mind when I'm 50, but that's about 8 bimmers away

If you enjoy driving, not to go from A to B, but actually enjoy going for a quick spin- get the stick. If you want that extra edge onthe road, or want to track the car... well you know the answer. :)

·
Likes Supermodels
2,358 Posts
don't make the mistake i made, get a manual. so far it's the only regret i have with my car. as a result, i'll be replacing the car next year with a manually equipped e46. :)

·
I'm hot 'cause I'm fly
4,798 Posts
i had never even driven a manual before i got my 325ci 5speed. I learned on it and i love it more than anything. I drove a 325i loaner for like 4 weeks while my car was getting some major work done. It was auto obviously, i must say, i cant stand the auto trannies in bmw's. Not so much the fact that its auto, but more that its so jittery and will downshift and upshift so strangely.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I got manual for all reasons above. It is worth it x100000000. Don't bother with the slushbox unless you really don't give a crap how fast your car is (or can become). Plus auto costs more...

·
XX
375 Posts
Manual. Regardless of the price, if I had the choice b/t any BMW automatic (or any other car), or my 325i manual, i'd choose the stick. I think its a matter of preference.

·
No more E46 :(
2,630 Posts
SonTon2003 said:
I really am in the market for a manual 330Ci, but I found a person not too far from me selling his 2002 330Ci with Premium/Sport/Winter Harmon/Kardon 33600 miles. It's an automatic, but I kind of want a manual.

Would you buy it if you could get it for a good deal?
If you really want a manual, I'd just wait until I find one. You might want to kick yourself in a few months if you get a car that you don't like and wonder why you bought it. If you think you can live with an automatic, then by all means buy it!

It took me 2 months to find a car that I wanted (yes, it was really hard to find a manual but I did find one, with the color and options I wanted!) so just keep looking!

·
loves M.J.
5,041 Posts
GET A MANUAL!

I am :banghead: for getting an auto. All the reasons to have been stated above, i'm just trying to reinforce the idea into your head ;).

1. get a manual
2. be patient

2 things you have to do when you're in the market for a car.

·
Registered
33 Posts
my roommate has an auto 330ci and he is selling it because he wants a manual. if u get a auto u will just wish u had a manual till you actually decide to get one.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts