E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while ago I had this feature activated on my 325i 5spd, but they almost never work. Nor does the feature where the car should lock after a few minutes. Anybody have any info on this? I tried searching, but the results were a little sketchy.

·
Registered
88 Posts
how did you activate it? theres one way to activate it, lets see how you did it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had the stealership (I had a former agent on the inside hehe) do it, along with my DRL's, rudolf's nose, etc. The auto locks worked temporarily, but for the most part haven't worked since. They actually worked today, locking at about 10mph as they should, but then didn't work again. So, I became curious and started looking into it. About a half hour ago I reset the key by holding the unlock button and pressing lock three times. After that the remote would not do anything, but I could still work all the features by manually inserting the key into the door. So back to the drawing board, I finally figured out that if I reset the key inside the car after turning the key to accessory and back to off and then removing the key (then repeating the reset procedure) now everything is back to normal. I took the car around the block twice testing the auto lock and both times it actually worked. So we will see if the auto lock continues to function as advertised. As far as which software the dealership used, I have no idea. I am definitely going to order my own software after xmas though, a google search turned up a few sites where I can get the software and hardware to mess with the computer for about $70 USD. Thanks for the input... I will repost eventually with the long term results.:thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts