E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The previous owner of my 04 325Xi had the automatic transmission fluid changed out by a local (non-bmw) shop. I just noticed when the weather got cold that the car rumbles at stop and in drivee. When the car is in neutral, there is no rumble. Its more like a shaking, car needs to go rumble. Once accelerating, the rumble goes away and the car handles nicely. Even when I just let off the brake, the rumbel goes away. I am wondering if this coud be the torque converter...possibly from the incorrect tranny fluid. Perhaps it is thickening up in the cold.

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated

·
Registered
369 Posts
Does it rumbles when the car is moving or just at stop? If just at stop, it possibly could be the rubber engine mounts or a drying up passenger side cv axle. This is just from my experience, hopefully you get it sorted and good luck.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
some people say engine mounts, others say DISA Valve, others say passenger side cv axle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.