E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past weekend I installed new Engine and Tranny mounts on my car. I had an extremely hard time doing the tranny mounts because of it being an auto. The DIY instructions I had were for a Manual 330I and it said not to completely tighten the nuts on the top of the mounts. You would need to drive the car (around the block) to let it settle in to get rid of any pre-load, then you can lightly tighten them down.

Because of the VERY limited space I had, I was not able to do this. I would have had to pull the brace back down inorder to reach the top nuts; which would have completely defeated the purpose of letting the tranny settle in because I would have moved the mounts around.

I have no vibration in the cabin, however, first gear seems to slam a little now.

Is the pre-load something to be concerned about?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really didn't understand why it needed to be done. So far it has been great. I guess if it were going to cause any problems, it would have done it by now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts