BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2000 323ci with sport and premium package.

can i program my passenger side mirror to auto tilt?

If not, will they auto tilt if i replace them with M3 mirrors?

thanks

·
.--. . -. .. ...
5,499 Posts
I think you mean when you put it in reverse the passenger side tilts? Make sure that the selecter on your mirror mover thing is on the left, if not, it wont work.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
i tried putting the switch lever in both positions, left and right.

the mirror still does not tilt downward when i put the

vehicle is reverse.

·
Registered
61 Posts
You must not have the option. Not all 2000 vehicles came with that option. It depends on you built date. If you put m3 mirrors, you will still not have that option. There is no wire to tell the mirrors when to tilt.

·
Registered
702 Posts
could you not just run a wire from the wiring harness to the M3 mirrors that power the tilt in reverse. It would be the same wire that makes the autodim mirror not dim when in reverse.

I have not done this on my BMW, but my S2000 aftermarket mirror install hooked to to the back-up light wire to deactivate, couldnt you use that wire to power the mM3 reverse tilt?

A more specific question, is is there an additional wire that controls the motor when in reverse or is it controlled with a module somewhere else in the car and not a seperate trigger wire and could the trigger wire or another module be hooked up to control that??

I have a 2000 323 and would like the mirror tilt as I do a lot of parallel parking :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts