BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to automatically have the drivers side door lock after I enter the drivers side and closing the door

·
Registered
91 Posts
Auto- Locks , Dosn't Auto-Unlock

They call the option "drive-away locks". I had the dealer program this on my car. It's nice except it stays locked when I put my car back into park making it necessary to pull the door handle twice to get out of the car. Anyone know if this is normal.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I would like to know if this option will lock the car when you start the engine......mine does it when you reach 8mph or so but I want it to lock when I initially start the car.....anyone have this on their car?

·
No more mods
307 Posts
Re: Auto- Locks , Dosn't Auto-Unlock

tmckinl said:
They call the option "drive-away locks". I had the dealer program this on my car. It's nice except it stays locked when I put my car back into park making it necessary to pull the door handle twice to get out of the car. Anyone know if this is normal.
It is normal.

I would like to know if this option will lock the car when you start the engine......mine does it when you reach 8mph or so but I want it to lock when I initially start the car.....anyone have this on their car?
No, only reach 8mph. May be aftermarket alarm can do.
:read:
http://www.bmwnation.com/tech/tech_3carkeycfg_01.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts