BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I have owned and used an Audiovox-branded DICE MediaBridge AMBR-1500-BMW in my 2003 E46 for over three years and have been loving it. I recently upgraded to an iPhone 7 Plus running on iOS 10 and have noticed that I am now unable to control the phone (e.g. change songs) in wired USB mode using the radio's or steering wheel's physical controls. They seem to wake up the phone as if it's sensing an input, but nothing happens.

When using Bluetooth A2DP streaming the physical controls still control the phone as designed (presumably because the AVRCP profile is unchanged), but I tend not to use it because of the inferior audio quality and because I like to charge over the Lightning cable while driving.

Is anybody familiar with a fix or workaround for the music controls over USB?

·
Registered
10,591 Posts
iOS 10 is the culprit!!! I haven't tried using my iPhone 6 with iOS 10 in my car yet. My car has an old DICE unit.

Update: my iPhone won't interface via my old DICE after updating the phone to iOS 10.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For anybody who has this same issue, it ultimately resolved itself without me doing anything (at least intentionally). All I know is that I tried my wife's phone (an iPhone 6s on iOS 10 as well) on the unit at some point and it worked normally, then tried mine afterwards and it suddenly began to work. Alternatively, maybe there was some subtle/silent update to iOS 10 that fixed it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts