E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Audio in my E46 Convertible

14K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  mcarou5 
#1 ·
Hi,

I´m new here - I have used the forum a lot to read about all your experiences :)

But now I what to share my latest project of my E46:

First images - before audio installation:

After fitting of climate:

Moving the climate and installation of Dynavin V5:

Feedback are welcome - and thansk for a fantastic forum :nyah:

/ Silwer

See less See more
#8 ·
i did in my previous car i had 2 12's (dont even say it, i know haha) it would sound pretty ugly, but then i sold them because i needed some cash at the time. but no i dont have any subs yet, i might want just like 1 10' for some bass but other than that, thats about it.

#9 ·
What size sub is that? And how did you fit the mdf over the two sides of the rear metal and still get the rear seats to sit back flush? The pass-through design that BSW uses (and that some have a DIY version of) is flush with the back panel and the sides of the "box" are as close to the pass-through as possible but yours don't look like that. You have anymore pics of the box and/or instal? Looks pretty good man. You have a ton of cubic feet and it looks like you still have a lot of trunk space!

#11 ·
Hi jazzyjeff,
It is only a 10 "sub - but it plays just fine.
It is a 19mm MDF, it fits nicely behind the rear seat. The entire box is 25 liters, and there is still much space.

I do not have more pictures of installation- but I might take more pictures if there is something you will see ?

#14 ·
Looks good man and I like the idea of it being a fully enclosed box. If I don't just go with a powered BassTube, I might go with something like this. I think the only thing I would do different is make the back panel go all the way across the trunk. But I definitely like it! :thumbsup:

#15 ·
Looks good. I think 1 10" is a perfect set up. I have 1 12" and IMO it's too much. The gain on my LOC and amp is basically turned down half way from full maybe slightly under half. Yes, the bass is nice at times but to me it's an overkill. Was thinking about downsizing to 1 10", but do I really want to spend the extra money if not needed? NO.....So I guess I'll stick to my 12".

#16 ·
Have the dynavin headunit. Got a self powered 8" Bazooka in mine. Opted for the metal mounting brackets.

Sound is much better than the stock setup, I am running component speakers in the doors and the rear. Sounds great, have a 4 channel 600w amp running the 2 sets of component speakers.

The sound is loud, clear and tight, even with the top down on the freeway.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#25 ·
silwerDK im going to install the same tv you have but i was wondering if you need to buy that kit that you posted for @gpnyrd or if that is optional and also do you know what speaker size i can put inside the car ? I was thinking of doing alpine 6.5 in the front doors and the rear panel but im not sure if they will fit or not ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.