BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I´m new here - I have used the forum a lot to read about all your experiences :)

But now I what to share my latest project of my E46:

First images - before audio installation:

After fitting of climate:

Moving the climate and installation of Dynavin V5:

Feedback are welcome - and thansk for a fantastic forum :nyah:

/ Silwer

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Nice.... I opted for the 2ohm 100w powered bazooka also left the HK sub in the ski pass and left the stock business cd in... sounds great

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Click on the official convertible pics thread I have a video of the progress... only pic that is not there is the pic of the new Bazooka sub install.. the video contains the old sub set up which is now sitting idle in my basement....

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
when the sub bumps, does it make that ugly metal rattling noise?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is actually quite new setup, but so far I have not experienced any noise.
It sounds really good :)

Do you have that problem?

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
when the sub bumps, does it make that ugly metal rattling noise?
Usually that annoying noise is your license plate. Just cut some kind of material and fold and insert underneath until the noise stops if infact it is the license plate. Thats what my problem was on all of my cars that I installed subs in.....

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
It is actually quite new setup, but so far I have not experienced any noise.
It sounds really good :)

Do you have that problem?
i did in my previous car i had 2 12's (dont even say it, i know haha) it would sound pretty ugly, but then i sold them because i needed some cash at the time. but no i dont have any subs yet, i might want just like 1 10' for some bass but other than that, thats about it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
What size sub is that? And how did you fit the mdf over the two sides of the rear metal and still get the rear seats to sit back flush? The pass-through design that BSW uses (and that some have a DIY version of) is flush with the back panel and the sides of the "box" are as close to the pass-through as possible but yours don't look like that. You have anymore pics of the box and/or instal? Looks pretty good man. You have a ton of cubic feet and it looks like you still have a lot of trunk space!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What size sub is that? And how did you fit the mdf over the two sides of the rear metal and still get the rear seats to sit back flush? The pass-through design that BSW uses (and that some have a DIY version of) is flush with the back panel and the sides of the "box" are as close to the pass-through as possible but yours don't look like that. You have anymore pics of the box and/or instal? Looks pretty good man. You have a ton of cubic feet and it looks like you still have a lot of trunk space!
Hi jazzyjeff,
It is only a 10 "sub - but it plays just fine.
It is a 19mm MDF, it fits nicely behind the rear seat. The entire box is 25 liters, and there is still much space.

I do not have more pictures of installation- but I might take more pictures if there is something you will see ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what are the measurement of the box? looks really nice.
Hi e46vert,

Thanks!
Measurement of the box:
Width: 68 cm (26.77 inch)
Height: 22 cm (8.66 inch)
Depth: 20 cm (7.87 inch)

Overall, including the box between the rear seat 25 liters.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Looks good man and I like the idea of it being a fully enclosed box. If I don't just go with a powered BassTube, I might go with something like this. I think the only thing I would do different is make the back panel go all the way across the trunk. But I definitely like it! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
486 Posts
Looks good. I think 1 10" is a perfect set up. I have 1 12" and IMO it's too much. The gain on my LOC and amp is basically turned down half way from full maybe slightly under half. Yes, the bass is nice at times but to me it's an overkill. Was thinking about downsizing to 1 10", but do I really want to spend the extra money if not needed? NO.....So I guess I'll stick to my 12".

·
Registered
109 Posts
Have the dynavin headunit. Got a self powered 8" Bazooka in mine. Opted for the metal mounting brackets.

Sound is much better than the stock setup, I am running component speakers in the doors and the rear. Sounds great, have a 4 channel 600w amp running the 2 sets of component speakers.

The sound is loud, clear and tight, even with the top down on the freeway.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
486 Posts
I am running component speakers in the doors and the rear. Sounds great, have a 4 channel 600w amp running the 2 sets of component speakers.
What size component speakers are you running? I'm looking to do mine as well, but i'm afraid the DIY part of mounting the tweeter's and mids will be a PITA.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Running 6" mids all the way around. The mounting is simple if you are handy with some mdf and a few basic tools.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Running 6" mids all the way around. The mounting is simple if you are handy with some mdf and a few basic tools.
how thick of mdf did you use? I know there is minimal spaces between the door panels and mounting surface for the speakers. I guess the only way to find out is to DIY. ill eventually get to it one of these days. if and when i have time.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts