E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Hoping someone can advise on the parts I need to accomodate an install of a Sony XAV-AX8050d. The unit looks to give me everything I am after and am hoping with it being single din and an adjustable screen should get a good fit in the E46. It will look a million miles from OEM and not to some peoples taste (possibly not mine, who knows!) but I'm keen to give it a go.

Current config is below; Ashtray is very badly scratched so am looking to replace the console fascia (or whatever the technical term is) and move the AC controls into it as seen on many a UTube video.

I did look for the dynavision bracket as recommended here to replace it with but cant find a RHD one... any ideas on where to get one? Alternatively, whats the best replacement that I can move the AC controller unit to?

Most importantly, can anyone advise on the specific part(s) I need for install a centrered single din stereo?? I'm assuming I wont need the fascia due to the size of the screen so how do I fix the headunit into the dash???

Thnaks for all your help

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi All,

Hoping someone can advise on the parts I need to accomodate an install of a Sony XAV-AX8050d. The unit looks to give me everything I am after and am hoping with it being single din and an adjustable screen should get a good fit in the E46. It will look a million miles from OEM and not to some peoples taste (possibly not mine, who knows!) but I'm keen to give it a go.

Current config is below; Ashtray is very badly scratched so am looking to replace the console fascia (or whatever the technical term is) and move the AC controls into it as seen on many a UTube video.

I did look for the dynavision bracket as recommended here to replace it with but cant find a RHD one... any ideas on where to get one? Alternatively, whats the best replacement that I can move the AC controller unit to?

Most importantly, can anyone advise on the specific part(s) I need for install a centrered single din stereo?? I'm assuming I wont need the fascia due to the size of the screen so how do I fix the headunit into the dash???

Thnaks for all your help
I think there are are much better and cheaper options that are specific to your vehicle that are plug and play
But if you've already purchased the unit that you've linked to then you can get a Metra fascia kit to mount the unit into.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think there are are much better and cheaper options that are specific to your vehicle that are plug and play
But if you've already purchased the unit that you've linked to then you can get a Metra fascia kit to mount the unit into.
Thanks for responding. I havent bought the unit just yet and am rethinking my options. I am also now looking at a single-din unit similar to the Pioneer avh-z7200dab
It will be a more simple install, just not sure I like the look of a single din unit.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for responding. I havent bought the unit just yet and am rethinking my options. I am also now looking at a single-din unit similar to the Pioneer avh-z7200dab
It will be a more simple install, just not sure I like the look of a single din unit.
I was thinking more about the Android 10 head units from Xtrons or Joying that have BMW specific units for half the price, have more features, are plug and play and are OEM fitment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts