BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a 330xi sedan and am concerned they will drill holes thru the bottom part of the license plate holder into the bumper. However, it seems that those who have this problem are those who don't have the sports package. I was examining the sports package bumper and the larger air dam will prevent them from screwing the bottom part. Is this assumption correct?

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
12,794 Posts
go to the dealer before they prep the car and take the front plate holder! Did that for a friend's (Jordan) and my car. No way was I risking holes in my bumper. Doesn't matter how many times you tell the dealership they will not pay attention.

Tim

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wife gave birth to twins and I have a habit of spinning out in the rain! Its been pouring here in So Cal!

Was looking at Audi's but couldn't get used to the new look so decided that the xi was my best choice. Plus I love being part of the BMW family =)

·
Banned
779 Posts
SMG M3 said:
Was looking at Audi's but couldn't get used to the new look so decided that the xi was my best choice. Plus I love being part of the BMW family =)
Part of why I chose BMW over others was because of this site :thumbup:

·
Super Nintendo Chalmers
2,055 Posts
About the bumper. You're right..I think. I haven't checked, but it seems that the bottom part of the license plate hangs out into the air dam. So it's basically only attached at the top by the strip. :thumbup:

·
Wohnhafter perverser Mensch
3,414 Posts
When I get my car in February, I'm gonna call everyday, 20 days before my car gets there to ask them not to put the front plate on.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
David328Ci said:
When I get my car in February, I'm gonna call everyday, 20 days before my car gets there to ask them not to put the front plate on.
Great idea! Guess I'll just have to do that!

·
99% Stock
1,131 Posts
keep calling them and have your sales rep tell the guys who prep the car not to put it on, esp after they call you when they receive the car before they prep it.

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
12,794 Posts
Unless the dealership is really far away I would really recommend taking the plate holder. I have heard so many stories where people called over and over again only to find the plate holder drilled into the bumper :(

better safe than sorry (and a messed up bumper).

Tim

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
On my parents non sport package 02 330i it is only screwed onto the top of the bumper. They did a horrible job too. You pay 40+k for a car and then the screw that holds the license plate and frame on to the car comes right off. Figures

1 - 13 of 13 Posts