E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I will be installing my mtech bumper soon and was wondering how everyone installed their lip or add on to it. I have a replica Hamann lip, would glue screws/bolts work?
I tried to search but couldnt really find any information reguarding this. :dunno:
Thank you :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
fly325 said:
Hi,
I will be installing my mtech bumper soon and was wondering how everyone installed their lip or add on to it. I have a replica Hamann lip, would glue screws/bolts work?
I tried to search but couldnt really find any information reguarding this. :dunno:
The body shop I went to; used glue and 8 screws underneath the add-on. As of today it is still holding up.

·
I holla
1,503 Posts
fly325 said:
Hi,
what' does a hamman lip for an mtech look like?

I've been advised to use screws on the bottom and tape throughout. I'd also secure it on with addition zip ties for some peace of mind.

·
I holla
1,503 Posts
e46boy said:
i just used screws... it's fine, i wouldn't want to use glue/tape because i can just easily remove it later
How many screws hold it in place?

·
call me kev :D
5,512 Posts
lyon123 said:
How many screws hold it in place?
3 on each side.. total of 6

since i got my lip repainted.. the shop now put 2 on each side.. i think my screws got jacked :rolleyes: oh well.. it's on pretty tight.. not going move

edit: how the hell can u not know what hamann lip for mtech look like..

check out e46_angemon and db-330ci 's car

·
I holla
1,503 Posts
e46boy said:
3 on each side.. total of 6

since i got my lip repainted.. the shop now put 2 on each side.. i think my screws got jacked :rolleyes: oh well.. it's on pretty tight.. not going move

edit: how the hell can u not know what hamann lip for mtech look like..

check out e46_angemon and db-330ci 's car
oh well i don't really classify that as a lip more than a front splitter???? wouldn't u say that same? I got confused. sorry :(

·
Premium Member
0 Posts

i think my body shop installed my with washers and bolts. I've scraped it many times along with running into parking cinder blocks and it is still on tight.

·
devGOD
2,331 Posts
just washer and bolts underneath? i just called my bmw service center and was told they usually use Betalink Glue which bmw sells and recommends or windshield glue (easier to apply), for install ACS lips and spoilers on cars.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.