BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need a digital camera so have narrowed it down to these:

1. Sony DSC H5 (3"LCD, 7.2mp, $360ish)

2. Canon Powershot S3 IS (2"LCD, 6mp, $300ish)

3. Canon Powershot A710 (2.5"LCD, 7.1mp, $265ish)

They all have pretty much the features i want... Help me choose one. I want to shoot photos relating to car and graphic design.

DSLRs are too expensive and canon SD's dont have the manual features i want..

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have not used any of them but in my photography experience I would suggest Canon over Sony since Canon has always been a photography company unlike Sony. Having said that the Sony could be the better camera for all I know. But sticking with the Canons I would probably go with the S3 IS. The A710 may seem like a better deal because it has more mega pixels at a lower price but I figure that means it comes at the expense of something else. Please realize that I have not used or researched any of these cameras and that these are just opinions based on what you've just post and my past photography experience. The final decision on what to buy is (obviously) your choice. You might also want to post this in the showroom forum (I could be wrong). Good luck!

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I just bought a Cannon power Shot SD630. and it's great. I love how user friendly it is, and it takes some really good pictures without all the noise you get with some cameras. It's got pretty much adjustable shutter speed, lighting, saturation, and you can even edit your photos on the camera. Everything from color to effects.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Canon. I have the Rebel SLR and I bought my wife the Powershot something and get quality pics with no mech issues..... hey shouldn't this be in the OT section?

·
Registered
673 Posts
this is with a Canon S3 IS. Very flexible camera. It has some cool stuff like selecting one color but the other colors will be in B&W.
very nice pics :bow:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts