E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will have my car in a month or so and have a question about the M V-spoke 72M wheels.

I know to clean them with car soap and warm water but can I put a coat of Meguiar's Gold Class liquid wax on them without harm?
and if so, will this make cleaning them easier the next time?

If not a liquid wax, what is the coating of choice for the 72M wheels?

Again, thank you :thumbup:

·
E46Fanatic
3,060 Posts
have fun keeping those suckers clean :D a coat of wax will help make the cleaning process easier. i don't think it really matters what kind.

·
Registered
367 Posts
AlpWhite03 said:
I will have my car in a month or so and have a question about the M V-spoke 72M wheels.

I know to clean them with car soap and warm water but can I put a coat of Meguiar's Gold Class liquid wax on them without harm?
and if so, will this make cleaning them easier the next time?

If not a liquid wax, what is the coating of choice for the 72M wheels?

Again, thank you :thumbup:
Any good protection will make cleaning them easier and makes the brake dust "less sticky". Meguiar's Gold will work fine. I'm a Zaino fan and use their Z2 which I use for the paint as well. If you keep the wheels waxed you'll find cleaning them isn't as bad as people would have you believe. Regular cleaning with PS21 or Griot's wheel cleaner will keep them looking good. My M72's are sitting in the basement waiting for Spring and are getting a triple coat of Zaino to start the season with.

·
Conceited Prick
1,916 Posts
Have fun keepin' them clean. I can only go about 2 days between cleans (inclement weather aside) before I can't stand it anymore. Nothin' I hate more than a bautiful car with dirty ass wheels.:mad:

·
name's PHIL
5,946 Posts
jestr said:
Get the wheel wax from Tirerack. I just ordered some. It will reverse the polarity of your wheel surface so it repels brake dust.
http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/cleaning_all.jsp

I've tried Meguiars Gold Class Liquid Wax and it doesnt really help with cleaning your wheels. Its a waste of time IMO.
i think i will

·
Registered
549 Posts
jestr said:
Get the wheel wax from Tirerack. I just ordered some. It will reverse the polarity of your wheel surface so it repels brake dust.

I've tried Meguiars Gold Class Liquid Wax and it doesnt really help with cleaning your wheels. Its a waste of time IMO.
Good tip. I didn't realize they had this stuff. :thumbup:

·
I've got what plants crave.
1,360 Posts
what beauport said. ps21 is the bomb-ass:thumbup:

and some wheel polish is always a good idea, but beware....polishing the 72's is a be-otch:thumbdwn:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you gang :thumbup:

·
Registered
39 Posts
jestr said:

Anyone use this stuff yet? Also, any suggestions on getting this or any other wax in/out of the channel between the spokes on the m double spoke rims?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts