BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Atlanta Help !( Fender bender ) Bmw global imports and GMAC insurance BAD SERVICE .
Disclaimer :
First of all this is my first time dealing with insuance companies as im from mexico and i have never been involved with a collision in my life .

i have been living in atlanta for the past 6 years ( legally for all the haters out there before they post some weird comments) and a small time move to chattanooga , tn .

the story goes i was having lunch near midtown atlanta with a fellow bmw owner and great friend when in the parking lot some guy doing reverse as i was getting out of the parking lot hit me ( 325ci 04 with a lot of mods ) in the front bumper in the right side ( front of the passenger side) and small rash and nroke my bmw emblem and move the bumper to a side not a big fender bender but it definitely move the car back he was doing 15 to 20 mph in reverse .

i was very pissed and i managed to calm down the other guy was very calm and give me the insurance number ( GMAC ) thats when my nightmare started ( this happened july 22th ) .

so i called the cops and got the insurance info and left the place thinking it was a small fender vender , two hours later the car star showing battery logo in the display ) i replaced the next day the battery thinking it was and old battery but i got the battery replaced for free they said it was faulty ( at napa )

the next day the car stop completely by the sandy springs area and never start again , thats when i called the insurance to ad this problem to my estimate that they said it was just for 435 dlls at first .

they said it wasnt related to the fender bender and i need it to take the car to get a diagnostic which i did the next day to the Bmw global imports dealership .

i barely made it there and i mention to the rep at service area steve (wont said his last name ) the problem and what i need it a FULL DIAGNOSTIC and to check if it was related to the small collision .08/09/11

2 days later they found the problem it was the alternator and they said it wasnt related and try to charge me 1250 to replace it.08/11/11

i decide to move the car to another independent shop ( European motor cars in sandy springs ) and i bought the alternator and sent it there to repair i called the dealer ( steve ) to get the part and he gave me a wrong one after one week of waiting for the right one i got my car up and running , still g\Gmac wont cover this charges even when the guys ( really nice guys at European motor cars ) said it was related . 08/16/11

i have been trying to fight to get paid for the alternator , towing and diagnostics from the GMAC .

i finally got my insurance check 08/17/11 for 615 dlls 435 dlls for body repair and the rest is for them not ben able to provide me with a rental car.

i took my car to the body shop ( Magnum collision repair ) and the said the replacement will cost 906 dlls and then they found out that my bumper its broken from the inside . ( 08/18/2011)

i went to Bmw global imports to talk to the main service manager and explain the situation of getting ripped off on the diagnostics .

i explain that they didnt provide me with the right codes or part numbers they missed tons of other stuff that my car needs like brakes and i need it a full refund for having a bad diagnostic on the fender bender , he refuce to give me refund on the service and he will GIVE ME SOMETHING if i get paid by the insurance on the alternator, he gave me his card thats it .

i have been fighting back on forward to get my car back in shape
i hope someone can help me over here .

what should i do .. i think i have missed a lot of things from the story but i will add them as soon i remember them

thanks for your help and reading.

PD I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND GMAC FOR INSURANCE BAD SERVICE AND WILLING TO HELP AT ALL .

GLOBAL IMPORTS ONLY CARES IS MONEY NOT SERVICE AFTER 4 CALLS AND 3 VISITS I MANAGED TO TALK TO THE MAIN REP.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts