BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with either of these shops? I am looking for a good local shop to get work done at, specifically an alignment right now but any other performance work I have done down the road as well.

At Speed Motorsports quoted me $220 for a 4 wheel alignment whereas RAI quoted me $60 for a 4 wheel alignment. Besides a huge difference in price does anyone have any feedback for these shops?

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
AT Speed way over charges for everything and they keep inflating the prices. A year ago the alignment was $180. I don't know about RAI, but check with euromotive about it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback Knight, After I get my car off the jacks from this suspension work I'll be heading your way for some coding :thumbup:

·
Registered
28,946 Posts
RRT is more than worth the drive.

·
Registered
28,946 Posts
They are quite a hike as they are down by Dulles but they are worth the drive. They do alignments the old fashion way if I remember correctly/

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
They are quite a hike as they are down by Dulles but they are worth the drive. They do alignments the old fashion way if I remember correctly/
RRT does string alignments in house or they will take your car to a shop nearby that does all of their computer/laser alignments.

·
Registered
54 Posts
RAI can get it aligned for you I believe they use a shop next door for alignments. You might wanna call and ask. I've had my M3 coil overs, A4 coil overs (cars sitting out back waiting motor build) installed by them with alignment and also on a 325i, never had prob in any those car other than finding my wheel was bent, lol.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If anyone is curious themselves RAI is a great shop. I only had an alignment done, but at $60 compared to $220 (which is what At Speed wanted) it was worth it. Talked to the owner Ray for about an hour and a half and he is down to earth. Honest guy who plays by the rules. The shop has a mustang dyno, 3 or 4 lifts and enough equipment to last a lifetime. I am pretty sure I have found my shop of choice for all my future euro performance work!

·
Registered
54 Posts
yup Ray a good guy with a love for german rides, I've been going to him for a few yrs. On a side note mechanical eng/fab guy George is a bimmer guy. He has a E24 M6 turbo and rocks a e34 5 series as a daily. The rest guys at the shop have a sweet Audi and Dubs.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts