E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys like in the thread, my ASA TM12 i have an 110mm pulley and only 0.45bar off boost, car that whas previous on also had the same amount. SC dont make any disturbing noises, and works lightly when i turn the puley by hand.
Do You think is a normal amount off boost for this charger? o want to increase the boost to 0.6bar but i think i must get my hands on a biger SC unit.
thanks for any reply.
Best reagards

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
That seems like the boost level is low. .45 bar is right around 7psi right? I'd check to see if you have any leaks in the system where you'd be losing boost.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well its about 6.5PSI, and i would like to get 8.7PSI but it seams impossibe.
and i dont think i have a boost leak, previous owner had the same amount off boost on his car.
charger has about 30 000miles on it now.
and my engine is fully stock beside the SC and im doing 290HP on a dyno, (M54B30) my engine before the instal had 220HP

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
That still seems low to me. I'd shoot G-power or asa an email and see if that's normal.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
yeah with an upgraded blower and intercooler now. going for tuning sometime next week.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
upgraded to TM-15? what intercooler and whos tuning it? did you sell the original blower or? sorry op for putting your thread off topic
Running a tm-17 and got the spearco intercooler from Samir. Oe tuning in la is going to be dyno tuning the car. It'll be getting a fully built motor from racetec probably the end of April. . How's the stage 2 hpf treating you? I still have all the old parts from before just laying around. Have like 6 different pulleys now too.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Damn tm-17 I didn't even know they had that to be honest... That's pretty sweet man.. Guess the boost bug hit you to eh? My stg 2 Hpf is awesome no complaining here haha
Running a tm-17 and got the spearco intercooler from Samir. Oe tuning in la is going to be dyno tuning the car. It'll be getting a fully built motor from racetec probably the end of April. . How's the stage 2 hpf treating you? I still have all the old parts from before just laying around. Have like 6 different pulleys now too.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Yeah boost bug hit me hard. I'm not complaining at all. Back on topic though. A tm-12 with a 110mm pulley should be around 10-11 psi

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Haha tru, ya 110mm should be atleast 10 PSI... I was getting 8.5-9 PSI with that 5" which is like 130mm with headers which drops one PSI or so...also I heard that 5" the lowest you would really want to go for pulley size or you can over spin the blower... 110mm seems to small thats like 4.5 or less inches I think that would over spin the blower... P.S to the op if you bought your kit used or have owned it for a while you might need to change the belt as I know I did and it brought my PSI from 6 to 8.5-9 with same pulley and everything as the belt gets loose over time

·
Legendary like a schoolboy
6,399 Posts
wow a tm 17 on a 2.8! good luck on the tuning and such!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Haha tru, ya 110mm should be atleast 10 PSI... I was getting 8.5-9 PSI with that 5" which is like 130mm with headers which drops one PSI or so...also I heard that 5" the lowest you would really want to go for pulley size or you can over spin the blower... 110mm seems to small thats like 4.5 or less inches I think that would over spin the blower... P.S to the op if you bought your kit used or have owned it for a while you might need to change the belt as I know I did and it brought my PSI from 6 to 8.5-9 with same pulley and everything as the belt gets loose over time

Over spinning the blower is easy to do with the tm-12. Check the tension on the belt likie Tom said and look at the chart for the tm-12. I think a 110mm would well over spin the blower which could be why you're not seeing enough boost.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
wow a tm 17 on a 2.8! good luck on the tuning and such!
I was going to get a tm-20 but it was like an extra $500 for not much more power. OE Tuning said they can do it and I was referred to them by some friends down here with turbo e36's. The motor wont be a 2.8 at the end of next month. Just waiting for parts to get here and then I'll post pics of what I'm doing. Calculated out it should be about a 3.38L. 95.8 stroke and 86.5 bore.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i got a new belt on my set is 6PK2260 and pulley is 110mm (boost whas mesured at old one, but i didint se a much of a diference between old and new belt)
i found this info about pulleys and belts for tm 12
130mm ~9psi 6PK 2373
140mm ~8psi 6PK 2390
150mm ~6.5psi 6PK 2415

1 - 15 of 15 Posts