BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the CH's don't seem to fit my plans, does anyone have any experience with ASA wheels? I know they are lisensed by BBS, but is the strength/weight comparable to actual BBS wheels?

Gary, tirerack has 18X8F and 18X9R in this rim. What are the offsets and can I get a 255 tire on the 9" rear rim?

Thanks.

Chris

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds pretty good. Offsets sound pretty close to stock as well. As far as the rears are concerned, I know it's somewhat speculative, but do you think fender rolling might be necessary if I plan on lowering the car? I'd go with the 255's.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Its still borderline, but far more likely to work. I've heard of many on the forums using this type of setup on the coupes w/ no issues. Sedans tend be a bit tighter on clearances so a roll is more likely.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its still borderline, but far more likely to work. I've heard of many on the forums using this type of setup on the coupes w/ no issues. Sedans tend be a bit tighter on clearances so a roll is more likely.
Sounds good enough, if I have to roll them I will, I wanted to know that I'll be starting with something that will need minor adjusments as compared to major work. Thanks for the help.

Chris

·
Registered
126 Posts
so if i stay with stock suspension no rolling is necessary?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts